GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Magazine reviewer's got lucky once again

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
My car is now broken in and I was going to be at the track tonight to run the 14's i promised with a bone stock 6 speed GTI. i know this car can do it and i was going to prove it. ne wayz to cut things short i couldnt go cause too many people called in at work due to good friday or w/e. so now im trapped at work and wont be able to prove my theory. the car will be chipped soon so more than likely i wont be running it stock next time:frown:

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Seems from what Road and Track said the DSG did it in 14.8 and Car & Driver said it they did the DSG in 14.9.... that a 6-speed MANUAL should be able to break into the 14's with a good driver. That's if you are a good driver.:wink:

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
i think you should wait to get it chiped until you run it stock, so that ppl dont think you wimped out of it as you were scared it wouldnt run it.

SSS_Hoon

Teknophreak

Rally Car Champion
I'd be VERY impressed if you were able to pull it off. I personally don't think it's very likely. Just my opinion. (backed up by every test I've seen) I think you should hold off on the chip and run it stock. C'mon, where's your pride!?! :biggrin:

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
this was my first time on the track. again bone stock 6 speed manual and at the time the car had like 300 miles on the odo, so i was afraid of power shifting. now the car is broken in and ill drive it like i wanted too.:burnrubber: i know ill get the 14's ** please disregard the si's run.. he wasn't a very good driver**

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
blackmkv said:
this was my first time on the track. again bone stock 6 speed manual and at the time the car had like 300 miles on the odo, so i was afraid of power shifting. now the car is broken in and ill drive it like i wanted too.:burnrubber: i know ill get the 14's ** please disregard the si's run.. he wasn't a very good driver**

that looks a LOT like my time slip. Cept mines a DSG

McPsycho

Rally Car Champion
ok well i went to the track tonight and this is the best time i got with my manual chipped gti:

60' - 2.316
1/8 - 9.695@74.67
1/4 - 93.43

pretty dissapointing if you ask me. :(

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
what chip did you get? you should of gotten way better times considering that i almost got the 14.9 run on my bone stock 6 speed

McPsycho

Rally Car Champion
i got the apr 93.

i know! i was expecting way better times than that. i dont think i ran bad at all either. a lot of cars at the track werent running what they should've been tho. idk whats up

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
your MPH over the 1/4 mile hasn't improved much over stock going by what you've posted.

Blackmkv had a 93.09 MPH and you had 93.43 MPH, I would have thought there would be a much greater difference in acceleration after the chip to allow you to reach higher speeds earlier?

McPsycho

Rally Car Champion
sublyme said:
your MPH over the 1/4 mile hasn't improved much over stock going by what you've posted.

Blackmkv had a 93.09 MPH and you had 93.43 MPH, I would have thought there would be a much greater difference in acceleration after the chip to allow you to reach higher speeds earlier?

yeah i know. i honestly have no idea what the hell is going on. but if you watch that last video in the video section on here, you'll see that the drift king or whoever that was ran a 15.495 in the manual gti and he was shifting super fast. :iono:

and i was wondering, does anyone know how that whole sealevel thing works. are you supposed to get the best times at sealevel or what?

i just want to go get my car dynoed to see what kinda power im actually making with this chip. i'll definitely let everyone know when i get that done.