GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Top Gear show

BMWDavid

Drag Racing Champion
Slightly off subject here but is the Top Gear show still on? I used to catch it I believe on the Discovery channel on DirecTV. I have not seen it lately and miss the words of Jeremy Clarkson.

Thanks!

David

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Season 8 of TG starts in the UK next month (probably).

Fifth Gear (with Tiff Needel, Tom Ford, VBH and Jason Plato) resumed last monday in the UK. Now showing on Channel BT :wink:

www.finalgear.com if you don't already know about it.... :thumbsup:

earthtoandy

Touring Car Champion
best show ever. like said the new series is up soon. also discovery dropped it for awhile but i believe they have signed on for the next series

you guys know they named our GTIs car of the year? They are the only ones i truly trust with cars.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
earthtoandy said:
They are the only ones i truly trust with cars.

You're joking right???

Top Gear is great light entertainment, with automotive insight, but it's hardly a balanced authority... Some of the reasoning behind the particular winner of a test can be highly dubious at best and flat out rediculous at worst.

I'd rate Fifth Gear above TG for being more reliable and balanced. It's not as entertaining as TG, but I take it a little more seriously..

Don't get me wrong, I love them both, but I hardly consider them the be all and end all of automotive critique.

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
i agree with the above poster, granted i do agree with their crazy logic on cars on TG tho lol, just how i am personally... im not a big numbers guy, but more so the essence of the vechicle, so it really just depends on what your looking for.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
nomad said:
im not a big numbers guy, but more so the essence of the vechicle, so it really just depends on what your looking for.

Ever seen Fifth Gear???

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
i have almost all of the episodes of both, top gear oritents more for the feeling and history behind the car, and class.

earthtoandy

Touring Car Champion
Kirium said:
You're joking right???

Top Gear is great light entertainment, with automotive insight, but it's hardly a balanced authority... Some of the reasoning behind the particular winner of a test can be highly dubious at best and flat out rediculous at worst.
exactly why i like them. they are the only group who has a good grasp on the intangibles of cars. They take a whole pictyure. Its not just specs or 0-60 or reputation. A great car is so much more and they understand what that is more than anybody. And I never find myself in disagreement. Plus they do it in a very fun way.

They know what makes a great car, not just a spec sheet

bilbos

On the Kop
Top Gear has turned more into a light-hearted entertainment show. It tends to focus more on the high powered exotics than the more day-to-day drives. It is still a great program to watch though.

I think Fifth Gear is more like how TG used to be about 10 years ago.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
i hope top gear gets back on discovery channel...best entertainment value on tv.

...and they really do know what they are talking about to boot

davesee

FIA GT Champion
which show is the one that the guy from brainiac is on?

i've only ever seen that one and i liked it alot

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
davesee said:
which show is the one that the guy from brainiac is on?

i've only ever seen that one and i liked it alot

that is richard hammond and the show is TOP GEAR...

you have good taste in automobile television:headbang:

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
For those that like Top Gear, I suggest checking out Fifth Gear too...