GLI/GTI Exhaust Thread

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
MAlby7 said:
Just looking around and I found out that Miltek makes a gorgeous exhaust:

INFO HERE:
http://www.millteksport.com/exhaust.products.cfm?variantid=159

Just posted a magazine review (link below) of the Milltek GTI, in which they claim that the Milltek chip + exhaust +sports cat results in 268bhp. :thumbsup:

http://www.golfmk5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19

Charis

Ready to race!
Is an exhaust install on a GTI a DIY kind of thing or requires taking the car to a shop? Is it as easy as unbolt the stock exhaust and bolting in aftermarket exhaust is what I'm asking I guess.

Flt93

Passed Driver's Ed
Charis said:
Is an exhaust install on a GTI a DIY kind of thing or requires taking the car to a shop? Is it as easy as unbolt the stock exhaust and bolting in aftermarket exhaust is what I'm asking I guess.

Not really a DIY unless you have a welder at home :) Replacement catback exhausts have to be welded on.

despite all the different styles... are there any performance gains to be had by having outlets in one side, center, or both sides???

GTI2007

Milltek also has non-resonated exhausts but not with no mufflers because that means that you don't have exhaustpipes for the reason that a muffler and an exhaustpipe are different names for the same thing. If you make an exhaust like you said it you would just have a 2,5" or 2,75" connecting pipe from your engine to your bumper that makes more noise than 10 cars with a resonated exhaust and quad outlet

GolfUberAlles

Ready to race!
//caliber\\

Do you have any information on the conversion and HP gain for the middle twin-tipped exhaust?

:help:

Attachments

• bbexhaust-3.jpg
    bbexhaust-3.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 503

GTI2007

z3speed4me said:
anyone have any idea how much this would be in DOLLARS????

or how i would contact them since i cannot read those characters...

I've found a online translator from japanese to english so I could read the site a little.

The exhaust cost 141000 yen and that is according to an online currency converter 1194,26 $

z3speed4me

Go Kart Champion
wow...is that turbo back, or just the muffler!?!?! it looks like its titanium too, if thats turbo back id say thats a great price, but for some reason i dont think it is
also anymore pics of it besides the ones on page one, and where were those found i dont see them on the website anywhere???

also, im very surprised borla hasnt made one yet, and when they do i hope its quad