GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

cheapest place to buy Coilovers??

frank2287

Touring Car Newbie
I want to buy Bilstein Pss9's but im looking for the cheapest place that will sell them or the H&R coilovers ??? Any suggestions

Hokietuner

Rally Car Newbie
I looked at them, and I've been reading everything I can get my hands on bout coilovers, and different makes, options, advantages. Initially I was planning on getting dampening adjustable, its just one feature you don't really need, nor would I know what to adjust, or why it is needed. Unless you're gonna really track your car, its unecesarry. I've decided on the H&R mainly because of the lifetime warranty, others are KW Var 1 & 2 (only difference being 2 is dampening adjustable) Koni's are also available, and from my understanding, almost identical to pss9's but for 400 cheaper.

As for pss9's being available for our car yet, I haven't seen them, but I'm fairly sure they are out, if not the A3 would work I believe.

As for where to buy them, come on man, do a search, Parts4vws.com, you can try NAmotorsports, Evolutionsmotorsports also for other kits.

Good luck, let me know how the intstall goes

frank2287

Touring Car Newbie
yea thanks alot man !!! now for the dampening adjustable i want that so does the H&R have that and the koni or no??

And for the search i mean i know about those sites but im just tryin to save some money haha but thanks man.

frank2287

Touring Car Newbie
yea thats important to me i really wanna be able to adjut them and stuff so i think the best way to go is Pss9. Are they more exspensive then the H&R ?? I havent seen any1 with them on there cars yet i wonder if there even out (PSS9)

Hokietuner

Rally Car Newbie
frank2287 said:
yea thats important to me i really wanna be able to adjut them and stuff so i think the best way to go is Pss9. Are they more exspensive then the H&R ?? I havent seen any1 with them on there cars yet i wonder if there even out (PSS9)

Def gonna be more expensive then the H&R's, but they're quality stuff. I've seen the H&R's for 1149 shipped, so now the question is do I get the H&R's, or the KW v1's haha

Good luck

frank2287

Touring Car Newbie
yea i dont know i think the kw v1 is better then H&R, Are those adjustable?? The only reason i want to be able to raise the car and lower it is for track days and when its winter

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Im not sure if this has been covered and I think it has but real quick just for my own knowledge, is it smarter to get H&R cup kit, or the sport springs? Coils are a little out of my budget with everything else going in the car right now

Hokietuner

Rally Car Newbie
LivEToDrivE said:
Im not sure if this has been covered and I think it has but real quick just for my own knowledge, is it smarter to get H&R cup kit, or the sport springs? Coils are a little out of my budget with everything else going in the car right now

So you'll hear a different opions, and different takes, but here's mine:

When you install after market spring on stock struts, It will most likely shorten the life of the strut, and as long as you're aware that they will need to be replaced in the future.

The H&R Cup kit is a great purchase for someone is who looking to minimize the wheel gap, without dropping $1000 on a coilover kit. The great thing about the cup kit is that you can get out at about $600. The down side is that you cannont adjust ride height. If all you're looking for is just a one time drop, then the cup kit should do an adequate job.

Coils, in my opinion are worth the money if you're looking for adjustability in ride height, and want to play around to find the right combination for your application (whether that be just cruising, or tracking the car). Downside is that you will need an allignment after adjusting the ride height.

Each of these options allows you to change the performance of your at affordable rates, I'm sure which ever you choose you'll be happy.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
The only thing i want is a light drop to give it a nicer sportier look w/o gaining a harsh ride and rubbing. I dont need to adjust anything as long as the cup kit dosn't put me "that' low. appreciate the feedback..