GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI on the ring?

KharatosGTI

Rally Car Newbie
Does any video of a MKV GTI running a full lap of the Nurburgring with a in-car view exist anywhere on the net? I'm absolutely in love with any car video featuring the ring and I'd love to see a GTI run it more than anything! Any hope?

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
you are not allowed to take in car vids around the ring anymore.

its illegal to do so.

SSS_Hoon

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
That doesn't mean it doesn't happen....

Nothing illegal about it (i.e. Interpol won't be busting down to take you your door after the video makes it to the net), but you face a life time ban from the greatest closed toll road in the world... That'd be enough for me to not do it.

davesee

FIA GT Champion
i imagine there are allowances for such things as tv show documentaries. I know that you can expressly rent the track for a day or more. i can only imagine how much that would cost.

but it is true that your not allowed to record from your vehicle anymore.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
zerogt86 said:
if its illegal, how did top gear get to take the vids for their test of that diesel jag or that ford transit van?

a tv show is much different than a random person videotaping...

and that ford transit episode you are talking about, that was absolutely histerical!

zerogt86

FIA World Rally Car Champion
smp85 said:
a tv show is much different than a random person videotaping...

and that ford transit episode you are talking about, that was absolutely histerical!

i suppose a show like top gear may hold alittle bit more weight than joe schmo wanting to video tape himself crashing. And yes, that was a great ep of top gear.

car

Autocross Champion
Hmm...I only saw one gti clip on the link above, but it's most definitely not a MkV. I'd sure be interested in seeing one of those tackle the 'ring.

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
You must make special provision to videotape for commerical use. Personal videotaping or photography from on the track is not allowed at all anymore.

All the same, I'm going to try to mount a small bulletcam in one of my lower grilles at some point, and if I've installed by the time I run the 'Ring, it may well be active.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
I think its part of an effort to reduce people pushing too far trying to get a fast time and crashing during public sessions. Chances are that on 9/10 crashes on the 'Ring, there's a running stopwatch on the wrist of the driver or timer on the dash..
Perhaps some want video evidence of them posting a really quick time.

There's some speculation that thre was a video a little while ago that featured a fatal crash on the 'Ring and it was out on the internet..

Honestly, I don't know, but I wouldn't risk a life ban from such a legendary track just for a bragging rights video.

dodweld

Ready to race!