GOLFMKV

Hello everyone. Welcome to the forum. Introduce yourselves here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeshee

Go Kart Newbie
Howdy from Taiwan

:evil: Hey all,

Just joined up; I just ordered mine in almost the exact same spec as DirtyPucka, but the dealer has an exclusive with ABT here in Taiwan, so I'll be getting my 5dr with 19" (haven't decided which type yet) wheels, an ABT body kit and the chip that gets it up to 240hp.

It ought to look something like this (except in blue):

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/bkintzley/ABTGolfVfront.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/bkintzley/ABTGolfVside.jpg

I'm checking into whether or not they'll carry the Rieger Kit (which would become my first choice immediately):

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/bkintzley/RiegerGolfV.jpg

anyways, hello, and if anyone has any idea where to go look for mods etc, holla!

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
G'day, another Aussie here. :thumbsup:

My name is Liam, I'm a former Mk4 GTI (1.8T) owner, and currently drive an 04 MINI Cooper S. My wife and I are busy trying to work out how we can afford to replace our 2001 Outback with a new Mk5 GTI. We're going overseas in May, and when we return if we can scrounge up the deposit we may just place an order and join the end of a very, very long queue. :eek:

Preferable specs: Candy White / 6sp manual / Cloth / Sunroof / Xenons / Nav

:burnrubber:

Cheers Liam

Last edited:

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
If you order now Liam, you'll have enough saved to pay for it in full by the time it arrives... :wink:

AM59Z2x31

Go Kart Newbie
minigolf said:
G'day, another Aussie here. :thumbsup:

My name is Liam, I'm a former Mk4 GTI (1.8T) owner, and currently drive an 04 MINI Cooper S. My wife and I are busy trying to work out how we can afford to replace our 2001 Outback with a new Mk5 GTI. We're going overseas in May, and when we return if we can scrounge up the deposit we may just place an order and join the end of a very, very long queue. :eek:

Preferable specs: Candy White / 6sp manual / Cloth / Sunroof / Xenons / Nav

:burnrubber:

Cheers Liam

With an 11 month wait youcould save up enough for two. But then you'd have bought Australia's total allocation for the year!
Surely VW Aus could get a few GTis allocated down under. It's b*****y stinks that we have to wait 11 months.:cry:

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
Kirium said:
If you order now Liam, you'll have enough saved to pay for it in full by the time it arrives... :wink:

I know what you mean, but right now we're saving for O/S so, we'll just have to wait I guess. :bonk:

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
WOW!!! This forum is soooooo helpfull with providing information about the new MKV GTI. VW should be paying you JJ. Job well done :clap: .

Lellobeetle

Go Kart Newbie
Bouston said:
WOW!!! This forum is soooooo helpfull with providing information about the new MKV GTI. VW should be paying you JJ. Job well done :clap: .

+1 It's very concise and helpful.

I just joined up recently. Got my MkV GTI here in Houston on Feb 1. I'm a long time member over at Vortex and found this site through that one. I'm lovin' the the car so far. I previously had a 20th Anniversary Edition with APR and I'm just waiting until I hit 600 miles before I visit the Houston APR dealer. I've already put in VW's iPOD interface and tint. Next thing I'm deciding on are which springs to go with and I'll probably get another Neuspeed rear swaybar after I sell the 28mm one I had on my 20th.

Just glad to find such a good site for information.

glasgow_ffm

Go Kart Newbie
Hiya,

think it's now my turn to introduce myself: I'm a German, currently living and studying in Glasgow/Scotland. Therefore big hiya to all you Scots out there :drinking: but naturally to the rest of u too.

First time that I do see a forum in english language unexceptionally dealing with the MKV (which I also usually drive, if I wouldn't live in the UK - I hate driving on the wrong side, and therefore I left my baby behind in Germany).

Keep going!

Cheers!

Brisel

Hi everyone!

I currently have a Mk4 R32, but will be changing it for a GTI next year. Will probably get AMD to boost the power up to 250 hp+ - all the benefits of the R32, but less weight and better fuel economy.

Nearly got a GTI instead of the R, but I couldn't wait 9 weeks for delivery.

Keep up the good work, guys! :headbang:

Golf R32.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.