GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

gti/r32 what kind of mods are good?

bryancbg

Passed Driver's Ed
hi guys, anyone knows if the gti's turbo can be fitted on the mk5 r32?i might be getting a mk5 r32 soon and would just like to have a little turbo for the fun and sound of it,or are there any small turbos to fit the mk5 r32? and how much wil it cost? im not looking at any huge power gain as long as i dont harm the engine or loose power ill be more than happy!

what else you guys think i should do to the r32?

or a gti what kinds of modifications can be done and how much more power gain, and most of all how much?
i already have a gti and have no idea what to do with it. and iam looking at the mk5 r32,might be getting one to join my mk5 gti soon!

thanks!
bryan

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
fabricating a turbo will be verry expensive, not sure if it is even possible with the new FSI motor (i plead ignorance, i dont know s**t about it)...i know with the old R32's, when people upgraded, they usually went the supercharger route...ha you may be better off just getting an S4

bryancbg

Passed Driver's Ed
im not sure myself now, maybe ill be going the supercharger route, but i am looking at the r32 because it looks real good,and it would sit nicely beside my gti in the garage!
still there is alot of things to do and have no idea what to do to the gti or perhaps the awaiting r32!!

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
honestly...if you arent looking for huge power gains, and just want the turbo for looks and sound...just dont worry about it. buy the R32 and just keep it as it is, you wont be disappointed in it as stock. especially since you already have a turbocharged GTI

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
bryancbg said:
yes i already have a gti,maybe the r32 is going to stay stock! im not very sure though.

if you already have a new GTI...you should consider an A4 3.2 S-Line package. if you can already afford a brand new GTI and an R32 with mods, you may as well just spring for the luxury sport sedan and give your garage some variety :thumbup:

bryancbg

Passed Driver's Ed
with that said, maybe ill wait for the rs6 or maybe get the s6,they look real good! but pricewise is not that cheap either,ill look around because my dad is buying the car for me, i would love it if he would buy me a ferrari!!!hahah well ill keep you guys updated, if i get the r32 than we can discuss here! if not we'll just talk about gtis than!

cheers!
bryan

bryancbg

Passed Driver's Ed
so guys, what is the best exhaust for our gti?
which is the

loudest
most performance
nicest looking

and again, can the miltek mk5 r32 system fit on our gti if we have the rear bumper of a r32?

thanks!
bryan