GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Me Vs. Mustang GT

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
I was driving up state on I87 north, and im pulling out of a toll booth and isee this new mustang GT and he has a modified exhaust because damn it was loud and nice. so he is doing about 85 so i come up next to him and just look at him, and i let her rip, i slow back down, he does the same, we're just messing around. Anyways he gets up next to me, i look at him (yes i know i have no chance vs. a V8 stang, but i wnated too see how b adly i would be killed) i downshift, he downshift, i didnt keep up for a second, he was GONE, anyways it was pretty fun though. We did this quite a few times as we were with eachother for about 45 miles. My spedo must DEFINITLY be off at hwy speed, because it said i was doing 148 at one point while i was racing him. As i got to my exit i signald off and he flashed his hazards at me a couple times, im assuming this means something along the lines of "nice race c'ya round?"

Deagle

Touring Car Champion
I guess the flashers are starting to mean something else. It used to mean "I'm a ricer, I won" etc.. Guess it's gone back to just a nice gesture. I just wave as to not add to the confusion lol.

rica_roel

Rally Car Newbie
NO racing on the street, please, rent a track day, that is the best way to enjoy your car and measure your skills, without risking others peoples lifes¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

Cheers

Ricardo

Attachments

• DSC07222.JPG
    DSC07222.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 344
  • DSC07223.JPG
    DSC07223.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 345
  • DSC07224.JPG
    DSC07224.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 379

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
yea, i see how its dangerious, i didnt know what got into me, i mean granted i only had it moving that fast for a few seconds, it still could have been bad, i wouldnt dirve that hard for long periods of time. if anything i was just putting myself in danger, the upstae NY thruways are divided by about 100 feet of grass... and there were no other cars when we did it, but definitly not something i would do again

Last edited:

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
honestly, we all get caught up in that sometimes, it WISE to let those go, you can hurt yourself, get killed, kil or hurt others. Streets are not for racing.

I am pretty sure you are a responsible person, thanks for sharing that information and the capabilities of our GTIs. I will always advocate to keep the golfmk5.com forums clean. I would hate to see this place turning to cheap Neon or ricer forums.

Thanks for the understanding:wink:

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
Oh she was solid all right, in fact i was pretty suprised, she pulled right up to 130, or what i think was 130, my frekain spedo was reading over 140.. i didnt take the time to stare at the exact number though. As far as capibilities of the GTI, i was somewat suprised with the power of the stang... although it is a v8 vs. a 4 cyl, from the initial downshift he pulled right infront, but didnt pull away THAT hard

Teknophreak

Rally Car Champion
I had mine about to an indicated 125 and it was rock solid. I was very impressed at how quickly and effortlessly it got there. Gotta love the German bias towards high speed.