GOLFMKV

NY Auto Show

Gulfer

Administrator
Staff member
Car(s)
Nothing
UNCbigM said:
I'll take pics of the Passat etc. and post them after I go Saturday. The picture on the above link was simply of the SEMA concept which the body kit is based on. I have a feeling it is not identical however. As I said, pics to follow my visit to NY.

well this one is the passat with the real OEM production kit:

UNCbigM

Autocross Champion
I stand by my last comment. If you read the accompanying article with those photos (those are photos from your link above, the one I was talking about in the first place) it says that the kit is based on the R GT concept. Again, the kit available might indeed be identical, but the above pictures are of the concept, not of the car on display in NY with the available kit. The rest of the pictures accompanying the link include interior and engine mods...of the concept R GT.

If the kit is indeed identical to the concept I will be pleasantly surprised on Saturday, regardless, I will post pics after...

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Did you manage to pick up a GTI DVD for interested members (if there are any??)

UNCbigM

Autocross Champion
Didn't see them, unless that was the reward for going on their annoying scavenger hunt. Assuming its the same as the ones we get from the dealers here I could still pick one up for you there, PM me if you still want it and we can figure out how to pay for shipping.

Pics to follow:

UNCbigM

Autocross Champion
Here are the pics of the Passat with the appearance package. It is quite similar to the R GT, though not identical. The appearance in person is a bit plasticky.

It shall be seen I suppose whether the put out one modeled after the Jetta R GT for the MkV cars.

Enjoy.

(bonus VW family car below...Mmmmm)

NY Int'l Auto Show 001.jpg

NY Int'l Auto Show 002.jpg

NY Int'l Auto Show 003.jpg

NY Int'l Auto Show 004.jpg

NY Int'l Auto Show 179.jpg