GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HID PICS

z3speed4me

Go Kart Champion
can someone take some pics of the lights at night, all the commercials make them look so blue, id like to see what they really do look like in photos...

GTI2007

Dude123 said:
Yeah, they are actaully white. Not blue at all. o_O

That's because the factory HID have bulbs that have a color of only 6000 Kelvin what makes them Crystal White. If you want Xenon with a blueish look you need bulbs with a color of 8000 Kelvin. Or to say if differently: the higher the Kelvin the more blue you lights will be

z3speed4me

Go Kart Champion
ooo so they arent that blue like the commercials...ok, anyway you could take one from like the side a lil bit more from far away to see the beam? or the lights against a wall to see it a little better??

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
Here's one against a wall. You really have to see for yourself though because pics of lights can be so deceiving... it all depends on the cameras settings.. so even a very bluish xenon light can seem kinda yellow if the camera has certain settings on.

Attachments

• xenon4.jpg
    xenon4.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 2,255
HIDs all warm up, with the lowest color first then the color temperature of the bulb. I've had 10000K and 8000K and really like the 8000K because it's the perfect color with the most clarity. I'm thinking of putting the 6000K into the GTI, but may still go with 8000K.

GTI 4300K

Last edited:

engine1navy

Passed Driver's Ed
isn't it something like once you go past 6000K you lose more and more useable light. Sure it might look pretty cool being more blue or purple but you can't see JACK