GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What are you paying for your GTI?

Deagle

Touring Car Champion
ewoo said:
BTW, that was for PKG 2 + DSG + 18" Wheels. In addition, it was a dealer locate (ie. not on the lot). The price includes everything BUT taxes. They brought in the car from OHIO.

That guy must have f'ed it up something serious. He's only been there for a couple weeks.

ewoo

Rally Car Newbie
thunderroad said:
Dealer asking 22,500 for pkg one,6 spd, united gray. I countered at 22,000 what do you guys think?

If taxes and registration are the only thing you're paying on top of that (ie. no other BS "fees"), then it sounds absolutely reasonable.

I doubt they will take your counter offer. But I hope you prove me wrong.

Good luck, keep us posted!

dc_candy

Drag Race Newbie
pk1, dsg, 17s
$23,800 +
$450 - tax, title, plates and dealer profit +
$1,428 in taxes =
$25,675 OTD

5.9% for 72 months.
$7,500 down (inc 2500 for my suby at carmax)

in alexandria, va.

Fair price, but no great deal, IMO. Other DC metro folks paying the same?

ethan

Last edited:

tofu

Ready to race!
i got a quote on the 06GTI + PKG2 + navi + $630 destination charge for $25,646
(300 over edmunds' invoice) is that a good price?

i want a 5-door GTI, the 2 months wait is killing me...........anyone in the same boat?

btw, where can I get the invoice on the vortex bodykit (OEM)??
any new changes/color to the 2007 gti??

GTI :headbang:

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
tofu said:

i want a 5-door GTI, the 2 months wait is killing me...........anyone in the same boat?

In Cali, I'd say that is a great price OTD>

Deagle

Touring Car Champion
tofu said:

Are orders even official yet? I'm tired of going to my dealer and asking the same question.

Fuzzbear

Fat bastard
Car(s)
07 VW GTI
GTT said:
HI Dude, we're somewhat in the same area. I'm south and east of Chicago and I think you're North and west.

Anyway, I'm curious as to how you got a $24k deal that ended up costing $28k overall.
I don't mean to be an a$$, so please know I'm not bashing.
If you paid an 8% sales tax that's still only $25,920. If you got charged a documention fee of $60, as you shouldn't pay much more than that, you are up to $25,980.
So, don't count tags and registration as those vary state to state.
How did you get up to $28k?
Your GTI retails for $25,250. If you add the 18's it's $26,000 delivered prices.

I'm lookin at a DSG, package 2, mats
I know the dealers on the west coast are marking these up, but around here they are discounting quite nicely. Afterall, it's a VW and they'll make more if they need them.

Thanks for the info.

TT

how far south and east of chicago? Im near Joliet here.

JLad10687

Drag Racing Champion
Im pissed! Everyone is saying how little they paid. In my area these cars are flying off the shelves so trying to negotiate the price is like teaching a deaf kid to hear. I got my package 0, manual, red, GTI for 23,750 after everything. My invoice was 22,100. The original offer was 22,800(I think 24,500ish after everything). They would not move on the price much at all. They knew that if I didn't buy it today, then someone else would tomorrow. All but two of the GTIs(out of about 8 total) that were there when I bought my car are now gone at that dealership. So I guess I paid the lowest possible, but it just sucks and there isnt another VW dealership for miles so I didnt have much of a choice.

ewoo

Rally Car Newbie
JLad10687 said:
Im pissed! Everyone is saying how little they paid. In my area these cars are flying off the shelves so trying to negotiate the price is like teaching a deaf kid to hear. I got my package 0, manual, red, GTI for 23,750 after everything. My invoice was 22,100. The original offer was 22,800(I think 24,500ish after everything). They would not move on the price much at all. They knew that if I didn't buy it today, then someone else would tomorrow. All but two of the GTIs(out of about 8 total) that were there when I bought my car are now gone at that dealership. So I guess I paid the lowest possible, but it just sucks and there isnt another VW dealership for miles so I didnt have much of a choice.

That's really not too bad. I got mine PKG 0, M, 18" for 23,650 OTD (incl 6% tax)---which wasn't on the lot. Not much competition around here either. But I did call the dealers out of state.

tofu

Ready to race!
Deagle said:
Are orders even official yet? I'm tired of going to my dealer and asking the same question.

one of the dealers around Bay Area says they could order them now. and car is coming in 2months.

tophmck

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
United Gray GTI MKV 2006 Package 1 Manual

21750 -- United Gray GTI MKV 2006 Package 1 Manual
185 -- Monster Floormats
229 -- Dealer Processing Fee
-------
22164 -- Total Delivered Price (pre tax)

And for those of you who are interested in the post tax price:
44 -- Dealer's Business License Tax
1316 -- 6% DC Tax
170 -- License & Title Fee
-------
23694 -- Total Delivered Price (post tax)

Financing 3.9% over 4 years. $500 down, $523 per month.

FYI, invoice for this car according to Edmunds is:
$20,870 + $1,252 (PKG1) + $145 (Floormats) = $22,267

So, including the dealer fee but not taxes/tags, I paid $103 (.5%) under invoice.

Bought at Greenway's Alexandria VW. Will post a full review in the Washington D.C. thread.

Last edited: