GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket Deck using the stock Sirius antenna ?

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
he started the topic, if he has more questions, let the man speak...No need to get impatient and be a smart a**

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I wasn't trying to be. I just was actually making sure everyone new what I was talking about. Sorry if it came off that way. You will actually find that I am the last one to start shit on here or give people crap. I agree though the Glide touches suck......most of the new Alpine stuff is lacking in my opinion. I like the 9856 for its simplicity for the price.

Rippinrider

Ready to race!
loccusst said:
Back to the original topic...I don't think that is what we want. There needs to be a cord from the connector to the plug on the unit.

So is that BestBuy Terk piece the right piece or not ?:confused:
You said "yes" in the post prior, now you're saying no.
Can anyone shed some light, or link where to buy the right piece ?...Thanks.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Its cool, I probably just took it wrong. My bad...I dont usually jump on peoples backs either, just it seems that some people think they're better than everybody else without naming names, and the whole jack A##'s having short fuses gets on my nerves.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Understandable dude. As to the part, not sure . See...in order for it to work you need a conector to plug into the tuner box at one end. On the other end of the connecor it should plug into this adapter. This adapter wont hook right up to the tuner box without some sort of cable between the two. It looks like the right thing but there is no cable. There has to be a adapter out there that works.....

Rippinrider

Ready to race!
loccusst said:
Understandable dude. As to the part, not sure . See...in order for it to work you need a conector to plug into the tuner box at one end. On the other end of the connecor it should plug into this adapter. This adapter wont hook right up to the tuner box without some sort of cable between the two. It looks like the right thing but there is no cable. There has to be a adapter out there that works.....

So I guess I'm back where I started ?
I posted this in the vwvortex board in case someone in there has done it yet.
When I figure this out, I'll post the results here.

Rippinrider

Ready to race!
Well I had to mount the Sirius antenna as they don't make an adapter to be able to utilize the factory Sirius antenna with an aftermarket deck that is Sirius equiped. I'll post pictures soon.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I did the same for my XM. I am thinking when I get time I may rip open the factory antenna and see if I can stick the XM one inside of it.

Rippinrider

Ready to race!
loccusst said:
I did the same for my XM. I am thinking when I get time I may rip open the factory antenna and see if I can stick the XM one inside of it.

Kind of annoying that it couldn't be done, but I surfed the entire internet searching for anything that would work with no luck. This new antenna seems to work 100 times better, as the factory one would loose reception going under bridges and sometimes on really overcast days for a minute or two. I love having 0 problems with the stereo now. The horrible sound quality, soft clipping, speed sensitive volume, and constant dropped satelite signal was getting REALLY untolerable with the factory system.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
As an installer I was waayyyy not happy with the factory audio equipment. It is so not up to par for this car.

plac

GTI Master
Bump for antenna adapter discussions. Looks like none exists?? That one everyone linked is opposite of what we need to continue using the stock antenna?