GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo Stage 1

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
alf said:
the GIAC is 265 HP at the crank, i doubt that with JUST a chip you can get 265WHP. im sure other tuners such as APR and REVO have just as good numbers, its all about personal preference in the end.

the thing that i loved about the REVO chip was that it can be tuned to what i want, whether i want a conservative tune or more of a performance tune. unlike the other companies whom just throw a MAP to the ECU.

alf

To each his own there Alfo!
GIAC is the most relaible program this has been out there longer then all the rest ... and I personally know Garret Lim and his chips deliver the best HP and driveability then all the rest.
I have driven ALL the 1.8t's chipped cars out there and GIAC without a doubt is the best.
I'm 47 and have modded sevreal cars in my lifetime (mine and friends and have driven modded cars when I worked at Audi) and have to say they drive the best, perform the best and never hick-up. What experience do you have?

So the GIAC is better....and how do you get 265 at the crank when the website only says

GIAC 2.0T GTI/GLI Flashloader Chip
Silky smooth
+30hp, +60ftlbs with X-Chip
+30hp, +40ftlbs with Sport Chip

RRS_Will

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Settings determine whether your Revo will run ho hum or yeeehaaa!
On the Stage 1 map, best settings we find;
1.) Altitude settings (above 500m above sea level) Timing 3 Boost 6 Fuel 9
2.) Coastal settings; Timing 6 boost 3 Fuel 9.

Obviously if you are running above 93 UL timing can be advanced, but there is significant horsepower in getting the settings right on the Revo tune, make sure your dealer sets it up according to the car :)

Faerus

Autocross Newbie
If you guys want to know more specifics about them, go to vwvortex.com and go into the technical forum there about the 2.0T FSI engine. There are dynos and such. Claimed numbers by companies aren't the best to go by. They are all good (Revo, APR and GIAC), but on vwvortex I've noticed some people aren't happy with APR and go to GIAC and Revo isn't talked about too much there.

RedlineMotorworks

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 BMP GTI
2k6Tornado_Red_MK5 said:
GIAC is 30HP, APR is 53, REVO I brings her up to 213, but what about the NEUSPEED Engine Management Upgrade-2.0T FSI?

Which one is the best man, more power right? Can i get a full listing?

so from 200HP...
GIAC gives you 230
APR gives 253 (with 93 octane)
and REVO gives 213???

If so, Revo sucks and that was the one I was going to go with originally.

I saw in another thread that Neuspeed gives 50 HP...I'll try and find the thread

EDIT: found it: http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3564

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
maybe revo has tuned its set up with more longevity on the turbo and engine in mind, if that is the case then I would go with Revo, besides they are the only ones that offer a flash loader. Has anyone done the 6 hour trial from revo yet? I spoke to my local dealer and they said the MKV revo test has not come available yet, I wonder if that was just a plot to try and get me to buy now.

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
My local dealer told me the same. I still have yet to see before and after dyno overlays. I hear all the sotp stories,but I would like to see numbers. I plan to go and have mine dyno'd stock, possibly this week on a dynojet.