GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audi A3's

GTi Fanatic

Touring Car Champion
smp85 said:
...they are nice as hell, but until we get a 2.0T, 6MT with Quattro, there is no point in buying one.

exactly!!! what is audi w/o quattro (well ok it is a nice car but... )

you need that turbo...
i think audi is saving the turbo+quattro for the s3

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
smp85 said:
until we get a 2.0T, 6MT with Quattro, there is no point in buying one.

The 2.0T FSI quattro manual is the only A3 worth buying...

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Kirium said:
The 2.0T FSI quattro manual is the only A3 worth buying...

exactly, but we don't get that in the states...right now only a 2.0T in either 6MT or DSG, but no quattro :frown: , or a 3.2 DSG with quattro...i hope audi changes that very soon...

davesee

FIA GT Champion
ive never seen any here around the detroit area, but during my last trip to germany we went on a few road trips in my friend's A3. I really enjoyed the car..

After picking up my gti, i recently found out about the similarities

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Scotaku said:
I VAG-COM'd one a few months ago and I see one every day parked at work. Not many more other than those. It was a nice ride, but too cramped inside and I was pretty sure then that the GTI and Golf would be similar (I knew they were related). The GTI wasn't even on my radar until a friend got his and I found the package much more appealing than the A3... not to mention the thousands of dollars those four rings add to the car. :yikes:

Yeah I agree, for some reason the "cockpit" seems to be a lot more cramped than a GTI. Maybe it is smaller or maybe it's an illusion, but it's definetly a smaller feel.

I could have gotten an A3 with 8,000 miles on it or my GTI. After driving both it was kinda a no brainer. I think they look kinda ugly. Besides this, there's absolutely no need for 4 doors on a car this small. It pretty much defeats the purpose.

No need to spend the extra money to get the same car. If you're into this skip the Honda and get the Acura.

davis_grad

Touring Car Champion
car said:
I've seen a couple around here, but I've still yet to see another GTI.

I have seen exactly one other GTi on the road, and it was an exact copy of mine, driven by a 50-something gal . . . .

Have seen several A3's here, they tend to stand out among all the frikken BMWs in Marin . . . . :eyebulge:

davis_grad

Touring Car Champion
GTI2007 said:
This are the american prices:

Base GTI = $ 21,990 MSRP
Base A3 = $ 24,740 MSRP

But the A3 stock suspension is soft, so add around $1800 for sport suspension and wheels . . .

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
davis_grad said:
I have seen exactly one other GTi on the road, and it was an exact copy of mine, driven by a 50-something gal . . . .

Have seen several A3's here, they tend to stand out among all the frikken BMWs in Marin . . . . :eyebulge:
i saw a white GTI behind me as iwas turning off on aside street yesterday, i stared the guy down, and as i did so i realized he was staring at me :biggrin: