GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

not seeing many of them

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
ok i see plenty of "normal" mark5 golfs around london. they are literally everywhere.

but i dont see many GTIs. maybe ive seen about 5. as for R32s, maybe 1 if that.

so are these cars selling well in the UK? are they taking time to kick in?

Stephen_uk

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf Sport
would the london market want to buy a fast car when they cant get above 5mph? That and the price of petrol....

I personally think the golf's are too higher priced for me. Consider a gti in the uk ...i think they go for £23000..........? In america (where there appears to be loads of 'em....they are $16000? Convert that into Sterling and its like £12000!

But, thinking about it, where i live which is town/ countryside......i may have only seen a handful...

GTI2007

In America the price for a base GTI is $ 21,990 or £ 11,950 while the price for the base 3 door GTI in the UK is £ 20,360 according to the VW UK website. That is converted $ 37,450. Pretty expensive car.

newtogolf

ah but speed limit in america is 55mph and in uk its 70.

but yeah everything else your right about. i paid 12.3k for my base model golf. that would get me a GTI in the states.

for 20k, people are gona much rather prefer something more flash, like a 2nd hand TT or bmw m3. or something bigger like a passat or c class. i spose theres no justification for buying a GTI.

and the people in the states probably earn higher salaries on average.

u do get a good golf if u spend around £15k and i suppose thats why the sport and se are the most common.

newtogolf

who knows. for that amount a GTI is worthit in the states. a base level golf would probably cost £6k brand new. that is a bargain!

KaynE

In London, there's way too many cars and traffic. That's why super mini's are so popular.

The cost of petrol goes up a few p every week. I swear!

newtogolf

now im seeing quite a lot. its got to the stage where its one a day. people are realising that this is the car to buy.

cmdrfire

Seeing too many of them now! I liked driving an exclusive-ish car where you'd only see one or two a day ;-)

Ahh well, at least my colour is ultra-rare...

newtogolf

cmdrfire said:
Seeing too many of them now! I liked driving an exclusive-ish car where you'd only see one or two a day ;-)

Ahh well, at least my colour is ultra-rare...

wouldnt go that far. i see enough to make me think that this car is actually sold in the UK, but theyre not everywhere.

and the laser blue colour is shown as available on the GTI UK website, though i dont think ive ever seen one in that colour.

cmdrfire

Laser Blue is still on the GTI UK website, but it was discontinued about a year ago, about a month before the R32 launch.

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
ahh rite.. ive seen like 2.. one on here and one in a show room.. wonder why it was discontinued

cmdrfire

Dunno. It's been replaced by Deep Blue Pearl, which is also a lovely colour, but not quite as nice in the sun (of course I'd say this! ;-) )