GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Windshield wash sprayers

Dub Factor

Jagshemesh!
So the first time I pulled on the wiper lever to wash the windshield, spray appears to also be coming from the front of the car. I refer to the manual and it says that it has a headlamp spray which automatically occurs every 5th time you use the washer. I have been unable to recreate this scenario since that first time and after wasting half of the wash reservoir.

Was I dreaming this and if not, where the hell does the headlamp wash come from?

Thanks - and yes, I tried a search first.

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie

McPsycho

Rally Car Champion
its so bad ass when those things come out. my whole entire car gets soaked by them. you better have ur windows up or you're gonna get drenched. lol

My dealer informed me of the washers but didn't tell me exactly how they worked, reading the manual helped. i try not to use my washer fluid too much cause it usually messes up the car when its clean. i also wasted alot of my fluid trying to figure out the headlamp washers. is the fluid that comes from the dealership clear? cause i'd rather not spary up blue fluid if/when i use it. at least clear fluid doesn't dry as noticeable ad the blue.

MKV6SPD

Oval Champion
It only works when you have the headlights on.That is why it works sometimes and sometimes off.If you dont have the headlights on they will not pop out and spray

davesee

FIA GT Champion
haha, im glad i wasnt the only one who couldnt figure out at first how to get the headlight washers to work...

then, duh - its kinda obvious that they would only spray when you're using the headlights.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
MKV6SPD said:
It only works when you have the headlights on.That is why it works sometimes and sometimes off.If you dont have the headlights on they will not pop out and spray

Just like my Audi: lights on.... pull back on the washer lever.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
It' great at a stop light and someones on yer tail. Goes over the roof and on to their car! LOL.

exS4

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
`06 GTi
I have a better idea I think!

I'd like to turn my wipersprayers into a "FMIC Sprayer"!

Dub Factor said:
So the first time I pulled on the wiper lever to wash the windshield, spray appears to also be coming from the front of the car. I refer to the manual and it says that it has a headlamp spray which automatically occurs every 5th time you use the washer. I have been unable to recreate this scenario since that first time and after wasting half of the wash reservoir.

Was I dreaming this and if not, where the hell does the headlamp wash come from?

Thanks - and yes, I tried a search first.

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
I have had a hit and miss relationship with mine, one occasion it sprayed the headlights every time I used the washer while showing the car to friends, other times it never seems to work. I think my GTI has that new beta version AI....

hakgwai

Touring Car Newbie
Car(s)
BMP GTI
i think the headlight washers are soooo cool...u guys should really get someone to do it and you watch from outside