GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Too Adult?

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
its a posh smart looking car that has a dirty side to it. its the best of both worlds and that is the sort of car i want.

its not the sort of car that a cheap boyracer would drive. but its still youthful.

polar_ice7

Passed Driver's Ed
i don't know what you mean by mature but if you mean it has a cd player and auto windows then yes i guess you are right....i bought my gti because it had sweet plaid seats and a navigation system and a 6 disk changer in the center console and the finish was nice and it didn't drive like i was riding in a steel box on rubber shocks....i guess some people like having everything they need right off the bat rather than having to add it later...i don't like wind up windows and hard seats and feeling like i am in a piece of **** when i open my car door.

steeevo

Oval Newbie
I know what your talking about..The transition from my previous e46 330ci to the e90 330i, the car felt much more mature heavy and subtle. Everything felt better, tighter, smarter and the interior feels more luxurious then ever. I cant say i hate it but if all the german cars are going with this route, i can say i will miss the raw german feeling. But likewise, i found that difference to be in the mkiv and the mkv gti too. Although i have only test drove both several times, the cars revealed that maturity. I geuss you can say when technology advances, technology basically matures....Love it or hate it..

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
steeevo said:
I know what your talking about..The transition from my previous e46 330ci to the e90 330i, the car felt much more mature heavy and subtle. Everything felt better, tighter, smarter and the interior feels more luxurious then ever. I cant say i hate it but if all the german cars are going with this route, i can say i will miss the raw german feeling. But likewise, i found that difference to be in the mkiv and the mkv gti too. Although i have only test drove both several times, the cars revealed that maturity. I geuss you can say when technology advances, technology basically matures....Love it or hate it..
Off topic, but wasnt the e46 strictly the M3?

Teknophreak

Rally Car Champion
I wonder if VW went the "raw" route how many people would complain about the lack of power windows, AC, CD player, or how noisy it was.... C'mon, no mainstream car company can build a car like that. Raw cars are the domain of Italian supercars and big $$$.

Slowride

Touring Car Newbie
polar_ice7 said:
i don't know what you mean by mature but if you mean it has a cd player and auto windows then yes i guess you are right....

I think he means what he typed in his first post:

He says the cars more adult cuz of the interior and the lay out of the dash,the size of the car in general,the DSG option...just the car in general...he says everything about the car is more mature than the later generations...and is more on par with the Toureg as far as matureity

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
Thanx Slowride...lol...i guess some just dont read before they post =)

Shovels

Touring Car Newbie
this is why Jeremy Clarkston on Top Gear said that you couild easily turn up at the Hilton as well as the racetrack in the MKV GTI(or words to that effect)....the GTI is aimed at the mature market as well as the younger generation and as has already been said...VW has a great share of the overall market. This is no ASBO mobile....