GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forge BOV Question

coolme187

Touring Car Champion
How sensitive is the bov? do I have to smash my gas pedal to hear it or would it go off if i just tap the gas pedal?

BrissyGTI

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts

06gtimkv

Autocross Newbie
i just got the spacer in today along with the AWE boost gauge and pod. im installing it friday and hopefully will have no issues. ill take some pics and maybe make a video if i can get the camera working properly

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
Dubdr said:
Ours really don't have o-rings. I think that you were refering to the discussion on WRXs. If you torque the nuts right you won't have a problem, our is a press fit o-ring.

I will be installing mine within the week. When you say torque the nuts right, do you mean getting an equal tightness? As in tighten each one the same amount as you go, or does it not matter? I know it's not a very clear cut question, but I'm just getting into working on my own car and I thought this might be a good first do-it-meself project. Because of your occupation I figured you would be a good one to ask. Thanks in advance!!!

EDIT: I'm already nervous having seen the install instructions. 2 pictures with some vague arrows doesn't look good. Considering I'm almost completely inexperienced in getting under the engine, do you or anyone else have any tips you could share having already gone through this? thanks!

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
Don't worry buddy, its only three torx bolts, (use an allen wrench bit, muuuch easier) just do not overtorque the bolts, I cannot stress it enough.

Just be calm about it and don't tighten it like a mad man, just till its snug.

And I've never had problems with my spacer, even in 6th gear...

alf

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
No problems here... Also the sixth gear thing happens cause you guys prolly press down on the gas and let off slowly or halfway. That means that the Valve takes longer to let out the little bit of excess boost. You can do this in any gear.