GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Opinions please!

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
I cashed in a trust fund and i have some moeny to spend and i was wondering what everyones opinions on my next couple of mods....(keeping in mind i have a DSG and i've heard some rumors about being limited to torgue gain with this transmission)

1. GIAC chip
2. Forge motorsport blow off valve
3. AWE tuniing vent boost gauge
4. ESE color matched (UG) side markers
5. and maybe Eibach Pro kit lowering springs

any thoughts please!

Oscar

Touring Car Newbie
chip will be the best thing you can get but with all that power i would do some springs or even coilovers trust me i got hte chip and after 4 days having an even more stable suspenstion you would be able to unlock even more power

Oscar

Touring Car Newbie
and im also thinking bout the vent gauge i think it lookes reall good

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
Dubdr said:
If you have the money I would go with coilovers instead of the springs. I only say that because I have made that mistake before.

which coil overs?

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
already did that at the Orange County Sheriffs Office vehicle testing center, the car needs a bit more power a lil more managment and so suspension, and i was asking what the best for the price is

Faerus

Autocross Newbie
Depends on if you want handling or power. I would say go GIAC, then I personally like the H&R Touring Cup Kit, which is their sport springs and shocks. It's unadjustable, but a perfect drop in my opinion and there are pictures of it up here. I would also say get a rear sway bar and well the side-markers after that, and then finally the guage because I think it has the least impact. If I get my GTI, I will be doing suspension and sidemarkers, then GIAC, then maybe the guage.

rica_roel

Rally Car Newbie
MKV-DSG said:
I cashed in a trust fund and i have some moeny to spend and i was wondering what everyones opinions on my next couple of mods....(keeping in mind i have a DSG and i've heard some rumors about being limited to torgue gain with this transmission)

1. GIAC chip
2. Forge motorsport blow off valve
3. AWE tuniing vent boost gauge
4. ESE color matched (UG) side markers
5. and maybe Eibach Pro kit lowering springs

any thoughts please!

Do you think with thant Mods, you will have problem with the DSG torque, I´ve heard that it can handle more than 400 lb-in

Cheers

Ricardo

Oscar

Touring Car Newbie
personally dont go with the cup kit if your gonna drive hard maybe autocross it get some kw V1's fully stainless steel witht the h&r's ur gonna get some rust on the rings where it goes up and down im not sure what thats called

damo

Oval Newbie
Scotaku

I've seen the APR chip pull away from my car with a friend at my wheel so I'm sure I'd be faster in that too.

Scotaku, once rolling how fast does your friends car pull away from you ? 1, 2, 3 cars to 140kph or 80mph ?

Sorry about the message im not sure how to pull quotes yet.:laughabove:

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
This car has power. I'd worry about making it handle best as possible.

-I would buy a coil-over suspension KW's look good, I admit I haven't owned them but driven a GTI with them.
-I would do some work on the brakes as Scotaku mentioned.

That should be your $2.5k right thur.

Its a long process, but the better you can keep this car on the ground the better, It's already quick enough on the straights, its just the corners where this car has the ability to shine.

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
I think with a good pair of coil overs and sway bars, the suspension would be good enough to keep the tires where you want them.

and who can resist and avg. of 60-80 HP gain and about the same in torque for a lil over $700?

You don't think that would 2k or so well spent?

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
It would be $2k very well spent, no doubt about it. I looked in your Garage ( on this site, not in your home haha) and noticed that you are running the same stock 17's as I am. So you must have the ContiPro tires then I assume? The all seasons.

Changing these might actually be one of the best handling mods you could do right off the bat. I have the same ones. They're fine around town, but will not really stand up if you plan on any track time.