GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Angry......

101st_IanC

Autocross Newbie
:mad: :mad:

When I ordered the car I stated I wanted annual servicing rather than the longlife servicing..
The dealers put a sticker on the windscreen stating it was set up as longlife so I have just been to the dealers - sure enoungh they had set it up wrong and have corrected it... drove to work happy that the job had been well done...

Parked the car and as i got out noticed something laying on the back seat.. it was a jump start pack covered in grease and oil just laying there on my nice new clean rear seats :mad: :mad: :mad:

I contacted the service department and when I drop it off tonight they will look at the seats and give me a valet if needed.. fair enough but it should never have happened..

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
I'd be pissed... not good from the dealer, but at least they are being good about fixing it

101st_IanC

Autocross Newbie
Vivid said:
I'd be pissed... not good from the dealer, but at least they are being good about fixing it

Yup - been back and got a valet done - looks like new again :biggrin:

Still should never have happened in the first place - watch out there fellow MKV'ers

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Unacceptable!

Hope it works out for you.:thumbsup:

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
I don't think I've ever been anywhere and gotten anything done perfectly. They took care of their mistake, that speaks volumes about them. Let me ask you guys something, would you work on cars for a living? Not to many people do, it's back breaking and the manufacturers don't pay jack to fix their cars. I'm a service advisor, I can fully attest to that. I even tip the guy who works on my wife's Mazda under warranty. I know, I chose my sword to die by, quit my griping. I've seen quite a few highly paid doctors and nurses make many mistakes.

Last edited:

101st_IanC

Autocross Newbie
Wantagti said:
quit your griping.

OK - next time I'll be grateful they were gracious enough to take my money.

I do not have the right to get angry when some poor mechanic makes a mistake (well several actually but who is counting). :wink:

101st_IanC said:
OK - next time I'll be grateful they were gracious enough to take my money.

I do not have the right to get angry when some poor mechanic makes a mistake (well several actually but who is counting). :wink:

:laugh: :laugh:

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Yea, but it doesn't make anything any better for you or them. I'm just a little sensitive as I take many undeserved beatings from jerk off customers who think the world exists for them. :)

PS- if your re-read my post, the quit your griping was talking to myself.........

101st_IanC

Autocross Newbie
Wantagti said:
PS- if your re-read my post, the quit your griping was talking to myself.........

Apologies - I misunderstood your post.

To be fair the people involved at the dealers were surprised at what happened and the resolution was quick and satisfactory.