GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

anybody having any problems with their new gti

scarymonsterguy

Drag Racing Champion
my fuel line rattle went away after 3000 miles, and yes iv only had the car for 4 weeks! i drive alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nimble

Oval Champion
CD Changer said "CDC Hardware Error" and it completely broke, but it was fixed in a few hours under warranty.

Other than that, the car is flawless.

Last edited:

davis_grad

Touring Car Champion
None, other than it is in the bodyshop and I'm driving a Malibu . . . .:mad:

(bodyshop issue is not related to car qualtity, which is stellar . . . I have had only one minor problem so far, which the dealer will fix)

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
mines not a gti but i have a slight rattle on my passenger side (left) speaker. gonna get it checked out by vw when i got time thou.

atomoverride

Ruler of Omicron Persei 8
1100 miles on the car purchased around 3 weeks ago. no issues what so ever. love the car. Gave up my customized GMC for this car and have never looked back.

Skills_pa

Only one major problem that I won’t go into since I love the car so much! The dealer took extra care of it and was more then pleased to have the car back! (still waiting for one more part)

On the plus side, now they are going to take care of the Corrado recall I was having problems with! Got to love VWoA!!!

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
the only issue i have had was the headlight washer not closing as flush as it originally did. Not a big deal, dealer said they could fix it with no issues!

mer1

Go Kart Champion
I currently have a problem with the a/c.. the problem was there since I bought it but I didn't notice because it was cold outside so I didn't use the a/c at all.

One of the belts was rubbing against one of the tubes that carry the freon for the A/C and it made a tiny hole in it, so all the gas escaped. The belt is pretty thick so it was only a little worn out. Mind you, I drove it 3k miles before I noticed.

They ordered a new part (the freon tubes were bent upwards.. not sure why or how that happened) and i'm getting it replaced on friday. I'm kinda pissed cuz it's f'in hot right now in DC-Metro area... they sold me a car w/ no A/C i'm gonna bitch at them ... hopefully get somethin out of it :D

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
No problems at all. Other than trying not to have too much fun driving it!!!! It seems it would love to rev right past redline!!! Does red really mean RED??

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
The right rear channel has become intermittent. It will go on and then when you hit a bump it disappears. Looks like another trip to the dealer...

MarkToronto

Passed Driver's Ed
Thought I would add my two cents. I have had no problems with mine, other than ones caused by the Dealership... They broke a small clip of plastic off a speaker facade on the top console above the mirror when they went to install my bluetooth module. Other than that no problems at all