GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Really Like my GTI except for....

seung

Oval Newbie
NorthGTI said:
I don't think either of you have considered the implications of the new position you propose.

This would definitely not make the hatch closing easier. I would make it much harder.

Further, it would certainly cause risk to finger, wrist, or arm damage to the person trying to close the hatch...

eh,
it will make it easier.
i know because of 2 of my old cars.

go to a local subaru dealer and try their wagon hatchs,
and see it for yourself if it's easier or harder.
and i've never heard of any subaru wagon owners
hurting their fingers, wrists, or arms. :wink:

Teknophreak

Rally Car Champion
NorthGTI said:
A good position needs to have the operator with the palm of their hand facing away from the interior of the car, not facing toward the interior of the car.

Do your wrist joints bend in the opposite direction to most humans?

I think you need to reconsider the design and realize VW's Designers put the pull handles in the only logical, and safe position.

I normally find your posts to be a bit pompous, but I agree with you on this one. I can't see how moving it would a) put your wrist in the right position - seems like you'd have to turn your hand around 3/4 of the way down b) eliminate the need to slam the hatch or touch the outside. I don't like the current design, but I don't see any benefit to the idea of moving the handholds to the bottom of the hatch sill.

NO MAAM!

Go Kart Champion
@laserjock
man, close the hatch with a kiss - the GTI deserves it! :wub:

@wild hare
your wife is allowed to touch your pumpkin? How generous u are! :respekt:

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
There's a trick I tell minivan owners who have a problem closing their hatches. Remember, you're pushing air into the vehicle, so you could leave your door slightly ajar then shut the hatch, then your door. It will make it much easier so you don't have to slam it.

NO MAAM!

Go Kart Champion
Wantagti said:
There's a trick I tell minivan owners who have a problem closing their hatches. Remember, you're pushing air into the vehicle, so you could leave your door slightly ajar then shut the hatch, then your door. It will make it much easier so you don't have to slam it.

I used to do this when i was a Taxidriver. Mercedes doors were hard to close, so i always lower the side window a bit if somebody enters the cab - works great! :thumbup:

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
about the hatch handles, u are supposed to swing the door down and itll close itself. dont worry aobut the closing force, it has something to slow it down.

about the radio, WAWAWAWAWA

alf

davis_grad

Touring Car Champion
Diggums said:
You all just need to work on your mind powers. I close the trunk and gas door with mind lasers...no finger prints.

I use Sharks . . . with Lasers mounted to their heads . . . .

davis_grad

Touring Car Champion
seung said:
eh,
it will make it easier.
i know because of 2 of my old cars.

go to a local subaru dealer and try their wagon hatchs,
and see it for yourself if it's easier or harder.
and i've never heard of any subaru wagon owners
hurting their fingers, wrists, or arms. :wink:

I had a Subie before this car, and the design is better, methinks.

If you don't like the current design on the GTI, then buy an Outback. :biggrin:

andrewt

Autocross Champion
i can't believe you guys made a 2 page thread out of how to close the freakin hatch without putting fingerprints on it. :laughabove: then, on the same page, we've got someone saying that their shift knob is too hot. :bellyroll: that's just hilarious to me.

that said, i find that ths hatch is quite easy to close, just throw it shut.

davis_grad

Touring Car Champion
andrewt said:
i can't believe you guys made a 2 page thread out of how to close the freakin hatch without putting fingerprints on it. :laughabove: then, on the same page, we've got someone saying that their shift knob is too hot. :bellyroll: that's just hilarious to me.

that said, i find that ths hatch is quite easy to close, just throw it shut.

C'mon, this is MkV.com, where 7 page threads ensue when discussing whether we should measure the distance between the stripes on our interlagos seat pattern in inches or millimeters . . . .:biggrin:

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
McPsycho V said:
i use my face to close the hatch. :biggrin:
I thought i was the only one doing this....

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
Supratgti said:
I like my gti also but the only thing im unhappy about is how slow it is. i just wished it had like 100 more hp than i woulda been fully happy.

i hope that was a joke...cuz if not...why the hell did u buy the car if it was so slow?

of course its going to be slow if u have a 700hp supra

Supratgti

GTI Sold
Freek said:
i hope that was a joke...cuz if not...why the hell did u buy the car if it was so slow?

of course its going to be slow if u have a 700hp supra

im not comparing it to my supra... it can barely beat the new civic.. i mean come on a civic keeping up with a turbocharged car. im not hating on the gti... im just saying i wish it had more power..