GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cleaned hatch

snoopy

Touring Car Newbie
To me something just does not look right with it like that. maybe if the bumpers were smooth too? It just does not look finished or right to me like that.

GTI2007

snoopy said:
To me something just does not look right with it like that. maybe if the bumpers were smooth too? It just does not look finished or right to me like that.

Indeed, you have to go to the bodyshop to clean the hatch so you can let them cover up the line between the 2 bumper parts at the same time. That would indeed make the rear end of the GTI so much better

Brandon

Oval Newbie
Nah...I don't dig it at all. Not a fan of shaved stuff.

Deezz_Nuttz

What's a User Title?
BLACKMAGICGTI'06 said:
anyone know if the gti logo on the back is just glued or if it has those little posts on the back and holes in the hatch

nope just glued on, use a heater and floss :thumbsup:

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
I usually like the shaven hatch, but it looks like someone at the factory drank too much Jaeger and forgot to finish his job.

I'm a fan of taking the "GTI" off but the nice big VW really gives some nice balance to the rear end.

GTI2007

aznkukuboi said:
How do you open the boot?

In Europe you open the hatch by pressing the middle button on your remote control (The button in the red square on the attached pic)

Attachments

• Sleutel.JPG
    Sleutel.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 176

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
MHS216 said:
I usually like the shaven hatch, but it looks like someone at the factory drank too much Jaeger and forgot to finish his job.

I'm a fan of taking the "GTI" off but the nice big VW really gives some nice balance to the rear end.

Ditto. You took the words right out of my mouth!:thumbsup:

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
On my last GTI MKIV, You could press the middle button and open the hatch too. Is this a possible VAG-COM project? I don't really get why they would have this button and not have it be able to open the hatch. I understand it unlocks it. Anyone have any ideas on this?

GTI2007

scuderiavw said:
i like it, would like to see the car with the rims on, i know, winter=steelies

Those were the only pics I could find of this GTI. There are some other pics with the original wheels on it on an other forum but on those pics he hadn't the clean hatch yet.