GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Concept Idea.. need help!

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
ok.. so i was thinking, people subdue their front emblem like a flat black, and that's cool. but when you do it to the rear it looks pretty lame. i have a grey gti, and i was think this. how about, i remove the logo, get the dimensions from it, get a shop to fill in the holes on the trunk button and paint match them grey. get a pirate skull and bones made to the dimensions of the gti logo. sand it down a bit and paint it flat black and stick that bad boy in its place with some sort of appoxy. would that be hot or what?! yeesh.. anyhow, my biggest challenge, is where the hell would i go to get such an emblem render'd? :D any advise or assistance would be immensely appriciated. ;)

:smoking:

Texas_MkV

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Lol. I would be interested to see this. It sounds like it has potential to look pretty cool.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
Well, I AM a Pirate, so I'll take a gander around my ship and see if I have anything that would work for you.

nomad

HotLanta MKfizzle said:
Skull and Crossbones would be sweet....Check Ebay, maybe a rounded belt buckle machined onto a perfectly fitted platform.

oo.. good idea! checking eBay now!

edit: could someone please lemme know what the diameter of their rear vw logo is? danke schoen!

nomad

13_skull_open_mouth.jpg

that seem's quite promising, with a wee bit of machine work and some pant i think it'd be totally awsome!

it's 4"x3", it's a belt buckle/bottle opener! great for a rear logo! :D

nomad

rica_roel said:
Unpimp your ride, I dont like it for a Harley Davidson is OK but please for an MKV.

there is a little pirate in all of us!

:evil:

nomad

LOL! jhay know's what's up xD

Faerus

Autocross Newbie
Can you just sand down the original handle then put the skull and crossbones on it? After painting it that is.

nomad

so here's the deal, i order'd the buckle, i talked to my rather engineering enlightened friend and he said i should drill a hole into the button, and put a pop-rivit in there, tack weld an anchor to the buckle and push it in. sounds alot more sturdy and secure than my original idea. just a small update xD THIS WILL HAPPEN!

bigdyno

You could always try to find a goldsmith to make you exactally what you want and cast it for you. They may also know someplace that will cast it if you want Al or Ti if you were to do it REAL good....Maybe you could find an artist who casts metal and see if they could help you.

Great idea though

nomad

bigdyno said:
You could always try to find a goldsmith to make you exactally what you want and cast it for you. They may also know someplace that will cast it if you want Al or Ti if you were to do it REAL good....Maybe you could find an artist who casts metal and see if they could help you.

Great idea though

hey thanks man! that was my biggest question, who has the tools to do something like this? i wonder if the guys over at EVOMS in arizona have a Mill machine? hmm.. i will have to shoot them an email.

:smoking: