GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Headlight washer control

daigo

Oval Newbie
Car(s)
Mkv GTI
I want headlight washer controlled separetely from window washer system. Does anyone know/did this kind of mod?
Currently it activates once in a 5 times when you pull towards right side lever to splash. This really annoying me especially after some days past when the body is still clean. Dried water spots makes me really nervous...

Does anyone did this kind of modification?
If so, please help up...

Regards,

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Atleast yours work every 5th time.. Mine go off ALL THE TIME when I have the headlights on. At night I shut off the headlights real quick so that the entire car does not get a washing..

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
It's every 5th when the lights aren't on, and every time when the lights are on. At least thats what the dealer told me, they've been known to be wrong before though.

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
08 Lexus ISF
I need to test mine. When i picked up the car the washer was broken and I had to get it replaced.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Turn them to the off position:clap: Just kidding...but seriously, I think they mean when you have them "turned on" the interior lights come on too and then it will wash them every time. I haven't tested it myself.

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
how come i dont have head light washers?????????!!!!!!!!!!??????????

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
MKV-DSG said:
You do lol and i see them in your pics. look under your ehadlights, you see that little squareish cutout, those are them. have soemone wash ur windshield while you look at the front of the car and you will see.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
MHS216 said:
It's every 5th when the lights aren't on, and every time when the lights are on. At least thats what the dealer told me, they've been known to be wrong before though.

So does that include the headlights turning on with DRL? If so thats way too often... I wonder if there is a way to change the setting.

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
RJS5689 said:
You do lol and i see them in your pics. look under your ehadlights, you see that little squareish cutout, those are them. have soemone wash ur windshield while you look at the front of the car and you will see.

i dont have a lil button under my head light controls!

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
MKV-DSG said:
i dont have a lil button under my head light controls!
They do it automatically when you wash the windows. He said it was under your headlights...not under your controls. The area on your bumper, they are hide away washers that only come out when in use. Hope this helps.

GTI2007

MKV-DSG said:

Your GTI does have headlightwashers. When you use your lever to spray your windows it comes out and sprays your headlights. I marked it with a red square on the attached pic I took from your garage.

Attachments

• 100_0072.jpg
    100_0072.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 11,205