GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Read the Owners Manual!

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Whenever I buy a new car (or motorcycle) I always read my owners manual from front to back. I know some of you people aren't readers, but this is a must. You will learn many things about your vehicle that you would otherwise never know. It just seems there are a lot of post on here about some basic things that are explained in our owners manual. When you've read it all, then you can post your questions of uncertainty.
If I have reached just one person with this thread it will have been worth my time posting this. Enjoy your weekend everybody.

:burnrubber:

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
im sure most of us do read it from time to time. thanks for the reminder ^^

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
whenever a new car comes into the family...be it mine or a siblings or parents...i go out to the car and grab the owners manual and read the thing all night....i read every page atleast twice...lol

i read my GTi manual for 2 days....yea yea im sad...but i always find some cool little feature while reading the books

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
Dub Factor said:
I agree, but if we all read the manual these forums would be so damn boring...

But we'll all be Rabbit and GTI genius', and the intelligence level of the conversation will be collectively raised.:thumbsup:

I think it's a good suggestion.

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
i read stuff but i forget it from time to time. or the book is not well explained that it requires a bit of discussion on here.

Hokietuner

Rally Car Newbie
Maybe if they read it, people wouldn't ask questions like "how do I reset my odometer" or "where are the jack points"

But now I ask you this, if all members of the board were to read the manual front to back...Who would we Flame?

You must consider this before you encourage all members to read the manual, and take away all of the fun. Personally I kinda enjoy it.

newtogolf

Hokietuner said:
Maybe if they read it, people wouldn't ask questions like "how do I reset my odometer" or "where are the jack points"

But now I ask you this, if all members of the board were to read the manual front to back...Who would we Flame?

You must consider this before you encourage all members to read the manual, and take away all of the fun. Personally I kinda enjoy it.

i can just imagine someone asking how to open the petrol cap and people giving an answer like turn to page 3.59 of the manual, without actually giving the answer. that would be too funny.

mouch

Drag Race Newbie
I'm waiting for my car - maybe reading the manual would alleviate the agony. I can't seem to find one on the forum - does anyone know if it exists in electronic form?

trick000

I haven't read my manual from front to back. I didn't know we had speed sensitive wipers until it was raining! Awesome!

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
You guys got owners manuals with your cars? Kidding, but mine is missing the audio section that I am supposed to be geting in the mail some time this year........