GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Future GTI owner - dealerships are a joke.

Sutekh

Passed Driver's Ed
My salesman was really cool. Got them to knock down the price and he even gave me his 'fast' keychain because I was his first GTI sale. :D

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
I feel the knowlegable VW enthusiast should receive a serious discount when you have more knowledge than the salesperson. I was appauled when I went into a local dealer on weekend just to get sales material (DVD and a few Car & Driver reprints) and blew away the sales guy.

"Oh, so are you one of the VW Factory reps sponsoring the event at the track this weekend... you seem to know a lot." Duh!

I could make good money as a sales rep... but most dealers around here screw with commission.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
Wild Hare said:
I feel the knowlegable VW enthusiast should receive a serious discount when you have more knowledge than the salesperson. I was appauled when I went into a local dealer on weekend just to get sales material (DVD and a few Car & Driver reprints) and blew away the sales guy.

"Oh, so are you one of the VW Factory reps sponsoring the event at the track this weekend... you seem to know a lot." Duh!

I could make good money as a sales rep... but most dealers around here screw with commission.

i feel the same way...almost every dealership i walk into, the sales reps do not know nearly enough about even the basics needed to sell these cars. like when you do not even know the displacement of the engine, or the different option packages off hand...that is just unacceptable.

i would love to be a sales rep for VW or Audi, i love to be around cars and it would be an ideal job for me...but i would be looked at as jerk...because almost all car salesmen are.

Minimaul

Chronic Masturbator
Car(s)
e36 m3/4/5
I'm worried about the fact that there is only 1 VW/Audi/Porche dealership here in Alaska. Well, there's one in Juneau but that'd be like someone in Cali buying a car in Florida. I went by there once, when the GTI's first came out and there was a guy there and he was nice to me. I told him I was just looking and he showed me a Pkg 2, white DSG. it was still all taped up.

There was also a red one there too, that apparently sold "20 minutes ago." I originally wanted white, but when I saw it, i didn't like it as much as I thought. I saw a BMP and fell in love. I've wanted a black car for as long as I can remember and I'll be damned if I never get one!

I sent an e-mail to the dealership here in Anchorage about a BMP Pkg2, 6spd manual that they have on their site. The guy told me 27,009 "plus fees". when I priced it out it was about 25,500ish.

when the time comes I'm going to bring my uncle with me, he's 'buddies' with someone down there. My uncles is the kind of guy that "always gets the good deal" if you know what I mean. so, hoepfully he can pull some strings.

although, i want a Pgk 0, bmp, manual.

i went to a dealer in southern maryland a year and a half ago when i was contemplating getting a VR6 and the vulture walked up to me, asked what i interested in asked for my license and went and got a key. granted i was alone. when i went to get my MkV in VA, i was with my dad, but got the same treatment. guy saw us, asked what we wanted, took my license and got a key. i guess i can understand why some dealers would be picky because i've seen some videos of guys getting cars for test drive and they totally dogging them.

Dr. Woo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
Scotaku said:
Car isn't paid off? You shouldn't be shopping.
Not quite a fair statement to make. My 2001 Audi A4 wasn't paid off, but I was shopping for a new GTI.

Bottom line, I sold my car for $3500 more than I owed, paid it off, and purchased the GTI.