GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GX3 Possibly going to production?

Hokietuner

Rally Car Newbie
Picked up the May issue of Eurotuner today, read through it front to back, but one article I had to read twice to make sure I was reading it correctly.

The GX3 may be going to production, the fact that its three wheels will allow it to be considered a motorcycle and VW is considering actually producing these things. They mentioned all they're waiting for is a final approval and it will be on its way.

However it is VW, and a magazine, and they'll tell you what you want to hear, but if they were to produce it, I'd be right there to put my name on the list.

Comments?

Here's Johnny

Drag Racing Champion
I think it is a great idea. Its a really unique idea and would be killer on the track.

Now I wouldn't drive it in traffic or use it in the carpool lane like VW stated in one of their press releases but it would be a fun weekend vehice.

UNCbigM

Autocross Champion
Music to my ears.

Let's just hope that if it does indeed hit the streets for public sale that it will come to our (U.S.) shores and they keep the price reasonable. I'm excited about a car like this. If VW is smart they will keep the price down and market it as a less expensive alternative to the Elise/Exige (obviously there are major differences between those and the VW), a dedicated canyon carver and track day all-star.

Since the car is technically a motorcycle it is not subject to US crash test standards which might ruin the Elise/Exige once their exemption is up after 2006.

I would certainly entertain buying one as my next car after my GTI...anyone want to buy a Buell? :tongue: It fits beautifully into my long(er) term plan of having a fun daily driver (GTI?) and having a second car that will be my track car and provide weekend fun.

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
pictures..?

UNCbigM

Autocross Champion
"the three wheeler could be delivered to market for under US$17,000" <-- Business Week article --

I like the sound of that.

The article also mentioned that those interested should let the company know...to show them the market will support such a vehicle. I'm going to go email VW now and tell them as soon as it is announced for production my deposit will go to the nearest dealer.

Feel free to follow my lead.... :help: