GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Installed (H&R Sport Springs)

GTI_NB

Passed Driver's Ed
Did you left you stock shock? Some people that I have spoke with kinda scared me by saying that I will have to buy more thing to adjust the camber since it will be off-set, that the shock wont last, etc...

They were prob jalous but I want to be sure before I buy anything. Can you explain what need to be done.

GTI_NB
(Sorry for my english)

ACgolf

Formula One Champion
GTI_NB said:
Did you left you stock shock? Some people that I have spoke with kinda scared me by saying that I will have to buy more thing to adjust the camber since it will be off-set, that the shock wont last, etc...

They were prob jalous but I want to be sure before I buy anything. Can you explain what need to be done.

GTI_NB
(Sorry for my english)

Yea, he installed the springs with stock shocks. All suspension mods will affect the camber. Thats why u need an alignment after the springs are installed. Camber does not affect the life of the shocks, is the springs which are not made to fit on stock shocks will shorten the life of it. The stock shocks are made to sit at a certain height, but after a shorter set of springs are installed, they are sitting at a much lower height. So the distance for the shock to travel becomes much less, and since they aren't made to do that it won't last as long. Basically the spring rate and the shock rebound rate do not match each other; therefore, putting stress on the shocks.

So if the shocks go after a year or two u can get some sport shocks from Koni, or blistein!

d.C

DJ
yup i'm still on stock shocks, gonna replace them in a year or two.

ACgolf answer all of your questions GTI_NB, alignment is what has to be done after you install the springs to deal with camber and toe.

you'll be fine with my setup for years since our shocks are pretty new.

yea, that's where i got my install done, they haven't updated their site for a long time, they expanded their euro market quite a bit ... don't think i'm ever gonna buy stuff from them, their stuff is overpriced ...

Texas_MkV

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Looks great man. :thumbsup;

irebound

Digital Driver
Car(s)
06 BMP GTI
d.C said:
nope ... no rubbin, scrapin' issues, i'd say the drop is perfect for everyday drivin'

thanx. i'm ready to order a set in a few weeks. i hope they don't rub with the 18" huffs

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
Any link to h&r sport springs for sale?