GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brake problems?

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
08 Lexus ISF
Has anyone had any problem with the brakes yet? Mine have been sqeaking and fading and i've only done 3k.

earthtoandy

Touring Car Champion
i have had no probs. the brakes are one of the strongest things about the car. i dont think brakeing too much/improperly would do that much to you at this point but what is your braking behavior?

I would take it in.

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
08 Lexus ISF
I made an appointment for monday. I've had the car for 3 weeks and the only time i brake pretty hard is when some douche cuts me [tampa drivers]. BTW i've never tracked the car either.

Texas_MkV

FIA World Rally Car Champion
My brakes squeak from time to time, but normally my music is up to loud that I don’t hear it. I had a weird noise in my car a few days ago. Every time I turned a corner, it sounded like a ball bearing or something was rolling around in the bottom of my car. I know that that does not make sense, but that is what it sounded like. It went away though.

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
mine do squeek to, espcially after rain, but couple of hundred yards, the noise goes away, i really like the breaks on the car, as far as i am concerned one of the strongest sides of the car. I have 18" huffs so that is one bad thing having an open rim, all the dust, dirt goes inside easily

Hokietuner

Rally Car Newbie
I think I may have glazed mine coming down smith mountain road (where dirty dancing was shot) but after that they seem to be fine. Give them a couple days and see what happens then, but since you've already made an appointment, they'll probally be able to tell you whats going on.

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
yeah that does sound wierd, the brakes were definately a seller to me on the car. the appointment you set up was a wise thing to do, brakes are nothing to mess with.

exS4

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
`06 GTi
These are the Brakes I'm about to install on MY GTi!

I got-your Brakes for-Ya!

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
08 Lexus ISF
Thanks for the advice guys! I appreciate it.

Monday i'm dropping her off at the dealer and i'll see what they say.

NorthGTI

Rally Car Newbie
Fonderson said:
Has anyone had any problem with the brakes yet? Mine have been sqeaking and fading and i've only done 3k.

Squeaking is normal-they are disc brakes. What do you mean by fade? After 10 to 15 max panic stops? Otherwise, I don't think you can get the GTI brakes to fade.

NO MAAM!

Go Kart Champion
yepp

Fonderson said:

yes man! after 3500 km my dealer replaced all 4 brakes!!! -> warranty
A known problem to the 2006 GTI