GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2 and a half months later...

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
2 miles to go and then the fun begins.

well doesnt really make much difference cos if i was looking for performance, i wouldnt be sitting in a 1.4. plus its not like i havent been over 3000 anyway, id say 10% of the time ive done so.

Last edited:

Hokietuner

Rally Car Newbie
i've had my car 2 months next wed and I have put almost 3K on.

I hope you've been varying the revs and taking it up over 3000, its a controversial topic, but you can't baby it for 1000 miles, and then just beat the hell out of it

newtogolf

probably not gona drive differently to what ive been doing up till now.

mostly done between 2000 - 3000 revs. have made some use of the 4000 - 5000 area for some occasions. so its been good coverage up to now.

newtogolf

i dont get a chance to drive the thing. driving into town in order to go to work is not gona happen, has to be train unfortunately.

and im bogged down with exams at the moment.

but when i sell it in 3 yrs time, the buyer will be getting a good car, but of course there will be a price to pay :wink:

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
LOL im on 6000 and ive had it since october..

e36mmm

Ready to race!
i don't recommend pushing the engine hard only on 1000miles. I would wait atleast for about 4-5000kms. Which is clear that all engine problems start to rise in the first 5000kms. So i suggest be careful. I've followed this technique for the last 3 years because i owned 2 brand new cars at the time and it has been perfect for not hammering it for the first 5000kms and then starting to open it up.

rpg11288

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 GTI BMP DSG
huh, learn something new every day. Do you know about ireland? i am going there for 10 days in june.