GOLFMKV

ESP?

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
its there to save u from dumb mistakes...so its far from lame

but if u wanna be a dare devil then u can turn it off

johnny12345

Touring Car Champion
I understand the ESP's function and if your gonna crash its not gonna make your car lift off the ground and fly away to safety, it can only do so much. In a sense it kinda takes the thrill out of really driving when the car is not letting itself be pushed to the limits.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
well thats when u turn it off....be glad they gave u a button to turn it off with...it could be like some cars with esp that they dont let u turn off

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
This is the order of events when I get in my car

1. Turn the car on
2. Put down windows
3. Turn ESP off
4. Drive away

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
johnny12345 said:
I agree, I think thats great, I was just trying to see what other people thought. Don't get upset now.

lol...im not upset...im just saying

sometimes i feel it does get in the way sometimes...but thats when i turn it off

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
Freek said:
lol...im not upset...im just saying

sometimes i feel it does get in the way sometimes...but thats when i turn it off
MY FAST LIKES THE ESP OFF

p.s. sorry if im being annoying :(

alf

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
It's saved me at least once. I came into a highway offramp too quickly and underestimated the sharpness of the turn. I started to slide sideways, it came on and I was able to pull it through.

FWIW, I have the all season ContiProContact tires.

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I've done some hard turns at an empty parking lot at 12 am once.
I still can't feel the difference on or off.

johnny12345

Touring Car Champion
your not driving hard enough. lol If your really driving it will come on. like it or not. I like that it stops the plowing effect, while turnin real sharp at higher speeds, but I like the rear end to swing around a little. All in all A good saftey feature, but lets face it, if you drive a GTI your driving it for performance, and why have something hold you back