GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Smoking my tails...

DMannOC

Passed Driver's Ed
Couple questions for everyone. First i was thinking about smoking my tails with tint spray like the one sold here :

http://www.ravenwingperformanc....html

Does anyone have any experience with using sprays like this to smoke tail lights? Also my GTI is Black Magic, does anyone have any pics they can post to show me what smoked tails look like on this color car, thank you all.

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
cause this mite be what he wants...
and btw your link dont work mate

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Supratgti said:
why mess with the stock tails when u can buy a new pair of smoke tails for like 200 bucks and if you dont like them you can change back to stockers? just my 2 cents

Why mess with spending big bucks on parts when he can spend $50 on Lamin-X covers???:tongue:

Just throwing this back at you to see that you have in no way answered his question.

To the original poster, I don't know of anyone who has used that system. Your link is busted so it's hard to tell for sure. Lamin-X makes a kit though for like $50. Do a search here or on the Mk5 forum on Vortex and you'll find lots of pictures.

Let us see what it looks like when you are done!

Supratgti

GTI Sold
azmcs said:
Why mess with spending big bucks on parts when he can spend $50 on Lamin-X covers???:tongue:

Just throwing this back at you to see that you have in no way answered his question.

To the original poster, I don't know of anyone who has used that system. Your link is busted so it's hard to tell for sure. Lamin-X makes a kit though for like $50. Do a search here or on the Mk5 forum on Vortex and you'll find lots of pictures.

Let us see what it looks like when you are done!

i was giving him other options also. im not here to argue. so dont be throwing anything back at me.

reason why i suggested getting a pair thats already done is cause he can get a set for like 200 bucks and if he decides he doesnt like them he can sell them or return AND he wont have to reorder another oem ones for prob big bucks as you say. but i guess im wrong in everything so why bother listening to me:iono:

DMannOC said:

to answer the post:
I have used this product before, and in my opinion it works quite nicely.

the reference post to the vortex is pretty dark,
with the spay you can get a real similar look to the r32 tails.

I am planning on smoking my tails once i get my black magic.

i think you can get that spray at local car parts place (napa, gi joes)

why spend 200??? :eek:
the spray is probably 12$ :thumbsup:

GTI1U0

Go Kart Champion
My friend smokes taillights on alot of import cars and does awesome jobs. If you would like to get them smoked and wanna drive down to Chino Hills, hit me up.

DMannOC

Passed Driver's Ed
GTI1U0 said:
My friend smokes taillights on alot of import cars and does awesome jobs. If you would like to get them smoked and wanna drive down to Chino Hills, hit me up.

Im not far from chino hills at all so i might do that... Does anyone have pics of a black magic GTI with smoked tails?