GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Air Filter Question????

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
not sure , but i think the VR6 Gti is the same filter size as the MKV. I cant find the site where i bought mine now. I forgot to save it in my favorites. I think I remember when i searched for the MKV it acually came up as the VR6.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver

rica_roel

Rally Car Newbie
Vivid said:
No, No, No, DON'T DO IT...

yes you may get colder air but if you are not an expert with air flow you will lose so much more power from restricted air flow than you could possibly gain from getting air that's a bit cooler...

If you want a true CAI that benefits from both air flow and air temp wait for a company to make a CAI specifically for a MKV...

And offcourse, if is to low maybe on a rainy season your engine can breath water, not a good idea.

Whafrodamus

Walnuts, bitch.
Car(s)
2010 MK6 GTI
Has anyone installed the apollo yet? I'm really interested in getting it installed.

ConnerrySER04

East Coast transplant
Car(s)
MKVGTI
I'd actually like some info on the benefits of the K&N drop in on these vehicles. It seems as if there is a decent performance increase on a turbocharged engine vs. an NA one. I tried searching and didn't come up with very much; any real world insight, anyone?

Whafrodamus

Walnuts, bitch.
Car(s)
2010 MK6 GTI
ConnerrySER04 said:
I'd actually like some info on the benefits of the K&N drop in on these vehicles. It seems as if there is a decent performance increase on a turbocharged engine vs. an NA one. I tried searching and didn't come up with very much; any real world insight, anyone?

Once I get some of my musical instrument sales out of the way, I'll pick up the drop in air filter and the apollo intake. Be a test dummy. One oculd always return them after not being satisfied with results (Worst case scenario). I'm quite optimistic.

ConnerrySER04

East Coast transplant
Car(s)
MKVGTI
Whafrodamus said:
Once I get some of my musical instrument sales out of the way, I'll pick up the drop in air filter and the apollo intake. Be a test dummy. One oculd always return them after not being satisfied with results (Worst case scenario). I'm quite optimistic.

I know it's a decent mod just for the longer lasting, better flowing drop-in filter. That's decent for the $50...but if what I'm hearing is true, and the mod really nets another 6-8 whp, the it's a hell of a bargain at $50. I'll probably just bag it this weekend regardless, but it's be nice to hear some actual testimonials. There's a guy a few posts back that has it...I would mind hearing more from him (or anyone in the know) on the subject.

BTW there is no official listing for the GTI on K&N's website, but the 2.0L for the A3 and GLI all use the same part #...sounds like a safe bet.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
HotLanta MKfizzle said:
if I fabricate a custom pipe that runs down into the fender would this be a good option to use as a filter?

Be careful on pipe placement. Have known several people who did their own and found out later on that the were taking water in when it rained hard.