GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

americans! if u lived in the UK...

earthtoandy

Touring Car Champion
RJS5689 said:
your right, it may bethe problem, but i and any person that wants to can ahve whatever attitude we want. If we want to drive our big SUVs let us, why do you care?
because that is the most selfish and childish attitude ever. you are affecting other people.

The Enviroment
Safety on the roads
THE ENVIROMENT.

The American way right? Exactly the idiotic attitude I want to escape by leaving here. Well one of...

sledgod

Autocross Newbie
nomad said:
UAE has it goin on... sorta.. ok for the most part xD i like the coastal area's in UAE, i think ive seen pics? i could be wrong..

Dubai roads have a downside of course, the road safety is poor there are around 80 nationalities on the road so the standards are poor (british drivers are among the worst) and you need more than the standard issue of two eyes on your head just to make it through the traffic.

If anyone comes here on holiday I would recommend a day at the autodrome where you can track test the Audi A3 with 'our' engine, A4 or Impreza. www.dubaiautodrome.com. I did it with the Impreza and it was the better than excellent.

Then hire a sports car for a day, you can hire anything here from M3 to Ferrari 430 and enjoy the UAE roads. The coast roads are fantastic, the mountain roads are phenomenal and if you want to speed test there is opportunity on long straight unpopulated roads with little policing. Porsche and Aston martin test here and Oman but they get official license to exceed 200kmh/124mph. As a normal driver get caught above that and your on the plane home but the risk is far less than in Europe.

You guys in the states did you know that in parts of London people in SUVs are attacked and people lie in front of them to stop them polluting. Welcome to Europe and this debate is snowballing in Europe in favour of the anti SUV gang. Before you all jump on my head I only live 30 miles from Iran so give me a break :thumbup:

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
earthtoandy said:
because that is the most selfish and childish attitude ever. you are affecting other people.

The Enviroment
Safety on the roads
THE ENVIROMENT.

The American way right? Exactly the idiotic attitude I want to escape by leaving here. Well one of...
listen i dont want to start a fight, and im just tryign to vice my opinion, im really not trying to piss any1 off. all im saying is that we can drive whatever we want, some people dont care if it hurts the enviornment and what not. and you can feel free to have your opinions. lets alla ggre to disaggree ok? and mabye i should attemt to justify why we own an escalade. we have a house in maine which is 465 miles away. while in main there are some dirt/off roads. we trailer a boat, a jetski, 2 snowmobiles, or 2 atvs, so the power of an suv helps. we are constantly moving stuff back and forth. and we dont want to drivine something like aminivan, sure it may mot be 100% justified but thats the owners decision. again i am not trying to make enimies, just trying to voice my opinion.

RJS5689 said:
listen i dont want to start a fight, and im just tryign to vice my opinion, im really not trying to piss any1 off. all im saying is that we can drive whatever we want, some people dont care if it hurts the enviornment and what not. and you can feel free to have your opinions. lets alla ggre to disaggree ok? and mabye i should attemt to justify why we own an escalade. we have a house in maine which is 465 miles away. while in main there are some dirt/off roads. we trailer a boat, a jetski, 2 snowmobiles, or 2 atvs, so the power of an suv helps. we are constantly moving stuff back and forth. and we dont want to drivine something like aminivan, sure it may mot be 100% justified but thats the owners decision. again i am not trying to make enimies, just trying to voice my opinion.

i must say your original comment was the stupidest thing i ever heard, and i have to apologize on your behalf in europe.

true everyone is entitled to their opinion even if it is retarded.

my stepdad has a Tahoe, and claims he uses it, which is almost true... 2x a year doesnt count.

i say drive a hatch instead of a trunk
drive a wagon instead of an suv

on that note perferct car= audi rs6
power, traction, space, mpg, looks

MachSchnell

Rally Car Champion
I would probably opt for something smaller and more efficient. Other cars from other manufacturers that aren't available here would also be likely to gain my attention. I bought the MkV because I felt it was the best choice available for my needs. If the choices changed, I might drive something else for the same money.

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
GTi Fanatic said:
i must say your original comment was the stupidest thing i ever heard, and i have to apologize on your behalf in europe.

true everyone is entitled to their opinion even if it is retarded.

my stepdad has a Tahoe, and claims he uses it, which is almost true... 2x a year doesnt count.

i say drive a hatch instead of a trunk
drive a wagon instead of an suv

on that note perferct car= audi rs6
power, traction, space, mpg, looks
#1, the RS6 has tons of power #2 traction is OKAY. #3 how does the space of that compare to the space in an escalade, #2..... is that a joke have u looked at the MPG oh the RS6, and the car is not even avaliable in the US currently.... and when it was a few years back it ran 80k thats a hefty 28k over the escalade

my last comment was a little rude, and i aplogize for that,
both cars have space... the escalade has more true, but is it used?
most people dont need the space or the 4wd an suv provides.

PM sent as this is clearly off topic.

if i got paid in GBP i would probably want to import my car from the US

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
sledgod said:
If anyone comes here on holiday I would recommend a day at the autodrome where you can track test the Audi A3 with 'our' engine, A4 or Impreza. www.dubaiautodrome.com. I did it with the Impreza and it was the better than excellent.
Wow! That track looks nice...plenty of trees! No seriously, looks good. I was in Dubai back in 1992 while I was in the Navy and I don't believe they had a track like this back then. Or at least I never heard of it. That must be fun.

bilbos

On the Kop
GTi Fanatic said:
if i got paid in GBP i would probably want to import my car from the US

If you wanted to import your car (into the UK at least) you would get hammered for VAT (Value Added Tax), which currently stands at 17.5%.