GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New (almost) GTI owner (The Netherlands)

OrbitZ

Ready to race!
I just recently ordered my new GTI (lease). It's a united grey DSG. I live in The Netherlands and the delivery time is approx. 3 months, I can't wait!

It really sucks seeing what you guys pay for the GTI in the USA (And you think you pay much for petrol)... :mad: Ow well it's worth it! :thumbup:

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
congrats on your purchase. the good thing about it being expensive is that you wont be one of many GTI drivers. probably just a few of u, so u got that exclusivity.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
Welcome Orbitz, enjoy it when it gets here... This is going to be a long 3 months...

Go Orange in Germany next month... you're my second fav team after ENG

OrbitZ

Ready to race!
Yes but all cars here are much more expensive so relatively it doesn't matter... We are used to the high prices here.. But when I hear you pay $26,000...

But like I said it's worth it :smile:

OrbitZ

Ready to race!
I don't complain living in the netherlands :smile:. The USA isn't bay either, I've been in california (for 3 weeks) 2 years ago and I loved it!

Why do you love The Netherlands in particular?

NO MAAM!

Go Kart Champion
Daag Orbitz!

Ha, you may pay more than the americans, but you can make it across the border to Germany and let your GTI flyyyyyyyyyyy !:evil:

OrbitZ

Ready to race!
grüßen NO NAAM :biggrin:

I'll surely make a trip (or two :smile:) to germany. When the time is right, you might point out some good highways which are not to crowded.

sniperviperman

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
none
Welkom Orbitz, ik ken het gevoel om 'teveel te betalen' for the english, I just said, welcome Orbitz, I know that feeling to pay too much. $48,000 converted

orbitz, make sure you brake in your car well, take a forge bov.. and maybe we'll meet eachother somewhere on a VW-party in The Netherlands.

OrbitZ

Ready to race!
Hee another dutch guy :biggrin:

We might indeed meet at a GTI meeting, where do you live? I live nearby Leiden. I do hear the turbo pressure release on a stock GTI but you've got to listen carefully. I'd like to hear what the BOV sounds like. I've leased my car so I can't make too many changes, I've to return it in original state.

How did you brake-in your car? Drove it like a baby/madman or in between?

Anthother question. How does the GTI perform at high speeds? When your doing 140/150 km/h can you still accelerate to 180/190 km/h in a reasonable amount of time?

sniperviperman

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
none
I broke in the engine just like the owners manual told us the do and above that, gave it another 500km for each fase.. I think I did my 1'st redline after 4000km, maybe even later. My GTI was one of the 1'st in The Netherlands, so I've got it for a while now.

You bett you can accelerate from 120 to 180, takes only 6 seconds in 4'th gear. I use a manual gearbox, so I can littlerly slam it in 4'th and keep pressing that right paddle. It gives a sweet engine howl too, but uhm, don't try it in the break in periode baby it.
I did it and the engine is really fast now and above that very economy. if I stomp it to the max I get 1 liter on 12km, long trips give me 1 liter on 18km