Votes: 5 11.9%
  • 18 x 8

Votes: 29 69.0%
  • 19 x 8

Votes: 8 19.0%

• Total voters

ünpimptheauto

Touring Car Newbie
For those looking to upgrade to new wheels that are LIGHTER, there are few choices out there that are affordable with the correct offset.

With enough interest, I can ask our local OZ distributor to see about getting better pricing on a specific size (or sizes) on this particular wheel.

I am NOT asking about other OZ styles, but only this one.

Prices that TR sells them are currently the following:

17x8 = $239 each
18x8 = $295 each
19x8 = $355 each

It may be a chance to save a little bit more money if the qty. is view as a "bulk" order. I know the distributor would be VERY interested if I approached them with 10-15 sets of the same exact wheel.

Please note that there would be NO tires included or offered. This would only be shipped directly to you by UPS common carrier from NJ. Tire Rack does offer free mounting/balancing as well as drop dead low UPS pricing (they get a hefty discount). Something to consider when looking at this possible GB.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
What rates are we looking at assuming we get the necessary participants in this?

redGTI

Axis Motoring
Car(s)
02 & 08 GTI, 08 M3
These are one of two wheel's I'm considering. In on 18's. Keep up informed...
:clap:

ünpimptheauto

Touring Car Newbie
Updated Information:

As of January 1, Tire Rack (TR) is the exclusive distributor in the US for OZ wheels. If any of you have access to wholesale information from TR, you'll know their selling price of $295 (for 18x8) is virtually near wholesale cost. Thoughts of getting them lower (under $200, as an example) are nil.

I was speaking to a Neuspeed contact, and they can offer any of the 18" Neuspeed wheels for as little as $399/wheel (making a set around $1600 before shipping). This is a MUCH better discount than what I could get from TR, dispite it being a higher price overall.

On a similar note, with the group buying power of multiple sets (same size, bolt pattern, fitmet), we may have the option of a unique finish for example, the gold or matte graphite silver for example, at the same price. Of course, there would be a leadtime associated with this custom order.

Let me know your thoughts.

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
Ok now On the side of this, I like the wheels and I'm interested in a potential GB, but I have a quick question, I like the tires that have good performance and stick well also reacting to rain well, but are pretty low profile and good looking. What sizes should I be looking at to wrap my new potential wheels in? And do you guys have recommendations as to a tire company to go with without paying at the a$$ for it?

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
Depends on your price range, seriously

LivEToDrivE said:
Ok now On the side of this, I like the wheels and I'm interested in a potential GB, but I have a quick question, I like the tires that have good performance and stick well also reacting to rain well, but are pretty low profile and good looking. What sizes should I be looking at to wrap my new potential wheels in? And do you guys have recommendations as to a tire company to go with without paying at the a$$ for it?

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
Lets assume my price range is around 150 a tire for an 18" tire.

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
Ok my favorite tire of all is Pirelli P-Zero Rossos, which are stupidly expensive and overkill for our cars. If you are looking for cheaper performance tires that will perform on the wet, i would consider BFG KDW2s, Yoko AVS ES100, Pirelli Zero Nero M+S. These are all under $150.00. If you can step up a little, i will suggest Goodyear F1 GSD3s with all my heart, so far the best tires i have ever used on a car. Good wet grip, handles like dream on dry, not the quitest, but much as good as what your car will offer standard. Or if you can get a good trade in right after you take your car's possession go to a Bridgestone dealer and get credit for the originals for S02 Pole Position swap:wink: :thumbsup:

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
thanks for the recommendations, and I'll have to take a look at those, and also have you had any experience with Hankook tires? any good? Pricey?