GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question about the I-pod doc...

jkaruzas

Autocross Champion
I was wondering if the I-pod doc allowed you to control to I-pod from the head unit? My assumption is that it does so, but I wanted to make sure. Also, does it fit the I-Pod Nano, as well, or just the conventionally sized players? Thanks for the info, and thanks for anything else related to i-pod docs, or the stereo system in general that i should know about before buying.

JC Starr

Touring Car Newbie
Yes...

I had mine installed and it is a plug that comes out from the glove box and fits any iPod that has a dock connector. You can control the iPod thru the head unit, but unfortunately the artist and title do not appear on the unit. It plays the first 6 playlists on your iPod. Sounds complicated, but it really isn't. And the sound difference from when I was using a FM Transmitter is AMAZING!!! :cool:

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
If I buy this oem ipod hookup, will I loose my cd changer function in my GTI? I have the navigation headunit.

JC Starr

Touring Car Newbie
I am not 100% sure on this, but I think the answer to that is yes. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of it will respond, but I think having the CD changer and navi kills the chance of the iPod adapter.:confused:

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
CandiliciousVW said:
I am not 100% sure on this, but I think the answer to that is yes. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of it will respond, but I think having the CD changer and navi kills the chance of the iPod adapter.:confused:

I think you have to change some wires in the harness in the back of the radio. If you dont mind the lack of Charging the iPod or controling it from the headunit then you can get the AUX adapter from VW for the Navi and Non-Navi head unit. Its 26 bucks! I ordered one for now so that I can listen to cd's and my ipod.

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
CandiliciousVW said:
I had mine installed and it is a plug that comes out from the glove box and fits any iPod that has a dock connector. You can control the iPod thru the head unit, but unfortunately the artist and title do not appear on the unit. It plays the first 6 playlists on your iPod. Sounds complicated, but it really isn't. And the sound difference from when I was using a FM Transmitter is AMAZING!!! :cool:
haha i feel like we had that conversation already lol.... but um send me infor about it, because my FM transmitter SUCKS:headbang: