GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM iPod under center console option from Europe for USA!

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Guys does anyone on here know a good source from Europe where we can get this?

Here is the full thread from the vortex

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeropost?cmd=tshow&id=2581554

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
i think that is from the passat, i read it in a mag somewhere about vw having ipod adapt. dont know if they are selling that one yet....but idk...

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
agpatel said:
i think that is from the passat, i read it in a mag somewhere about vw having ipod adapt. dont know if they are selling that one yet....but idk...

Nope thats from a GOLF 5 in Germany. . I know this will work! I just need to find someone that can import the parts to the US and sell them.

Here is the info
http://www.volkswagen.de/vwcms_publ...olf0/rund_um_den_golf/individualisierung.html

Der Golf ist iPOD-fähig!
Genießen Sie digitalen Musikgenuss der Extraklasse im Golf. Die iPod Vorbereitung von Volkswagen Individual macht's möglich. Damit wird digitales Musikspeichern und perfekter Sound zur Selbstverständlichkeit. Die Bedienung ist denkbar einfach: Der iPod wird in eine Konsole in der Mittelarmlehne gesteckt und über die Radiotasten gesteuert. Bis zu 15.000 Musiktitel können über fünf gespeicherte Playlists abgespielt werden. Angeschlossen werden können iPod G3 und G4, iPod mini, iPod photo, iPod Video und iPod nano.

ENGLISH:
The gulf is iPOD able! Enjoy digital music benefit of the extra class in the gulf. iPod the preparation of Volkswagen individual macht's possible. Thus digital becomes music memory and perfect sound the matter of course. The operation is very easy: iPod into a console in the central arm rest one puts and one steers via the radio keys. Up to 15.000 music titles can be played over five stored Playlists. To be attached iPod G3 and G4, iPod mini, know iPod photo, iPod video and iPod nano.

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
OH got ya....

i didnt know that, last i saw it was in the mag or online and it just said VW going to offering ipod kit in future, didnt know it was out in Euro already, hmm have u tried emailing some websites that selling euro parts lk TM Tuning and seeing if they can get there hand on some and sell them.....

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
agpatel said:
OH got ya....

i didnt know that, last i saw it was in the mag or online and it just said VW going to offering ipod kit in future, didnt know it was out in Euro already, hmm have u tried emailing some websites that selling euro parts lk TM Tuning and seeing if they can get there hand on some and sell them.....

I emailed TM Tuning last night and got this reply :)

Hello Michael,

Here are the prices as follows for the part numbers you provided:

1KO 857 925A 1QB - Self stowage compartment $149.00
1KO868003 - adapter $9.80

They are available, if you would like to order I can have it out to you, just let me know.

Thanks
Damian

Nooooow Im scared to order it, and it wont work. But it should.. Im going to also try and get my hands on the German accessory catalog for the Golf to double check the part numbers...

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
I struck GOLD my friends!!

Look what I dug up!

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
I went out, removed my 6-disk changer from the center armrest to check if the connection is the same. The verdict is....... YES, YA, SI !!!!!! So in theory this modification should be 100% plug-n-play! I have a buddy in Germany that is going to check the golf 5 forums for me. I feel that this is the only part we need to make this work if we already have the Navigation unit from the factory. If this is true, then the kit vw sells here in the USA is worthless, because this is faster to install and no need to hide the ipod because it will sleep in the center armrest. And no need to remove the radio to plug anything into it. Im happier than a pig in mud right now ;)

Pictures I took

katie

Autocross Champion
What about the CD changer? I don't want to lose anything haha. It's weird though, I don't see why thy cant connect the ipod through the AUX when there's an AUX in the navi screen.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
omghi2kt said:
What about the CD changer? I don't want to lose anything haha. It's weird though, I don't see why thy cant connect the ipod through the AUX when there's an AUX in the navi screen.

The aux screen on the navi your right does have a hook up for any external audio source. VW sells a cable thats 26.00 for the AUX adapter in the back of the navi, but you dont have charging for the ipod, and you also cant control it from the steering wheel or headunit. So thats why this is the optimal hookup if you dont mind loosing the CD's. I could care less for the CD's. I have 5,000 songs on m ipod.. So its more simple for me to loose the cd changer.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Im looking to receive this during the week of May 22nd... I'll post once it arrives.

thestig

Go Kart Newbie
quailallstar said:
Im looking to receive this during the week of May 22nd... I'll post once it arrives.

Yes keep us posted on this one. It looks like the right unit for iPods since you have to dump the CD-changer anyway once the $160 iPod cable is installed.

atomoverride

Ruler of Omicron Persei 8
I am totaly interested in this, but question quailallstar your center looks differnt from mine. I dont have that side thing I have 1 open compartment with an AC vent in the front.

Also what about using my ipod nano instead of that ipod mini would it fit? or whatabout an video ipod.