GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TOP SPEED!!

e36mmm

Ready to race!
I knew gti was capable of hitting over 150mph but i have a question. When you guys are going for top speed runs and as the speedo climbs, after what speed does the speedo start to move slow? or what speeds does it reach easily when pullng hard and fast?

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
after what speed does the speedo start to move slow? or what speeds does it reach easily when pullng hard and fast?

after 210kmh = 131 miles ,, but it reaches that speed EASILY

ABT_V_GTI

Go Kart Newbie
here's my frd's GTI with MTM ECU + MTM Exhaust + MTM K04 Turbo = 313hp
maybe u think it's bullshxt... or using VAG COM... but, it's real...

Attachments

• av-19.jpg
    av-19.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 408

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
It's probably not BS... It's just a perfect example of the indicated speed being pretty optimistic compared to the actual road speed. I have my doubts that the GTI will do 300kph with only 313hp.

My bet is he was doing an actual 270ish, indicted 295ish

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
here's my frd's GTI with MTM ECU + MTM Exhaust + MTM K04 Turbo = 313hp
maybe u think it's bullshxt... or using VAG COM... but, it's real...
WoW,,,,,OMG:eek:

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
MMD said:
nope i dont agree with u, this car cant hit 240 km/h (150mph) easly 50+ hp can make it closer to 300 km/h

There's far more to speed than just mere engine power... Aero efficiency, rolling resistance and gearing being the main issues to overcome...

Going off your theory, it'd only take another 150hp from stock to crack 400km/h.. Thats the performance bargain of the century.. Lookout Veyron.. :laugh:

http://www.pumaracing.co.uk/topspeed.htm

gotboost

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 GTI
The fastest ive done is 132mph and it got their pretty quick.

Scratchmaster_J

Ready to race!
From all the info that i could find, im missing 1 part of the equation, the frontal area. Here but here are the numbers so far:
:iono:

Last edited: