GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2008 VW Scirocco - coupe or hatch

StookMK5

Passed Driver's Ed
From leftlane: "We haven’t heard too much about the 2008 Volkswagen Scirocco lately, but Germany’s Auto Motor und Sport has just published a new artist’s rendering of the yet-to-be-announced car. While AutoCar, AutoBild and others have forecasted a Scirocco with a low, sloping roof and coupe-like profile, AMS is calling for something quite different. The image shows a vehicle with a hatch-like shape, similar to the original Scirocco and Corrado models. We’re not sure who to believe, but time will tell. So far, VW has only committed to a “2+2 sport coupe that hearkens to the heyday of the Scirocco.”

Attachments

• 01_Scirocco_450.jpg
    01_Scirocco_450.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 9,312

Whafrodamus

Walnuts, bitch.
That looks like a chopped Z3 M coupe with R32 Rear valence/exhaust and some S2000 tailights.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Thats the same 2008 Golf that they show in the June, Automobile Magazine. This one has bigger chopped wheels though.

bilbos

On the Kop
It is also a bit reminiscent of the Audi Shooting Brake concept that was unveiled at one of the motor shows (Tokyo I think). It is a mishmash of a few different cars.

GTI2007

I guess that even Volkswagen isn't 100 % sure of how the 2008 Sirocco and the MK6 Golf are going to look for real yet.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
the new rocco, or whatever they decide to call it is going to be based off of a passat chassis, right?

Dr. Woo

Ready to race!
smp85 said:
the new rocco, or whatever they decide to call it is going to be based off of a passat chassis, right?
I seem to remember this may be the case...

They are planning a "4-door coupe" a la Mercedes CLS to be built on the Passat platform. Were they going to call that Scirocco?

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
The scirocco WAS/IS said to be based off the passat/new tt platform so that it can run all-wheel-drive, and the 3.6l v6.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
^ that's what i heard too

i hope it doesnt look like that pic above...that looks like ass. the previous renderings of the red scirocco GTI that are floating around look awesome.

mouch

Drag Race Newbie
bilbos said:
It is also a bit reminiscent of the Audi Shooting Brake concept that was unveiled at one of the motor shows (Tokyo I think). It is a mishmash of a few different cars.

I agree. It makes sense - probably will have lots of shared components.

I'd be surprised if it was the Passat platform - the new TT is based on the Golf, and both the TT and the Golf are available in All Wheel Drive.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
I was under the impression it'd be on the golf platform too...