GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG badge

GTI2007

Hi

I just found something on vw.oempl.us. It's a DSG rear badge that normally sits on a MK4 R32. I tought it would be cool for the guys with a GTI with a DSG gearbox who want to show it by a badge. It cost $ 14.50 and you can find it here on vw.oempl.us

There was also a pic of it:

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
i dont know why someone would want to show off that they drive a wussy-matic, i laughed when i saw it.... sorry i had to, i really love the DSG, its just not for me, i need 3 pedals....

GTI2007

RJS5689 said:
i dont know why someone would want to show off that they drive a wussy-matic, i laughed when i saw it.... sorry i had to, i really love the DSG, its just not for me, i need 3 pedals....

It's all a matter of personal taste. You don't like to drive a DSG but a lot of people on this forum really like driving with the DSG and there shall be people that would love to have a badge like this and would be proud to have it on their hatch. Like I already said it's a big matter of personal taste. Don't judge people on their choice of gearbox. You are no less of a man when you drive a GTI with a DSG gearbox. Respect each others choices ok.

Fuzzbear

Fat bastard
Car(s)
07 VW GTI
RJS5689 said:

He's just mad because DSG's are faster : )

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
GTI2007 said:
It's all a matter of personal taste. You don't like to drive a DSG but a lot of people on this forum really like driving with the DSG and there shall be people that would love to have a badge like this and would be proud to have it on their hatch. Like I already said it's a big matter of personal taste. Don't judge people on their choice of gearbox. You are no less of a man when you drive a GTI with a DSG gearbox. Respect each others choices ok.
i do if you read what i said. i said i like the DSG its very impressive, just for my taste i prefer stick. i have no problem w/ the DSG. i call all autos wussy-matics.... hell when i drove a bmw w/ SMG i called that a wussy-matic and its far from it

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
GTI2007 said:
Hi

I just found something on vw.oempl.us. It's a DSG rear badge that normally sits on a MK4 R32. I tought it would be cool for the guys with a GTI with a DSG gearbox who want to show it by a badge. It cost $ 14.50 and you can find it here on vw.oempl.us

There was also a pic of it:

how was it on the back of a MkIV R32? there was no DSG for the MkIV...i've never even seen any OEM DSG badge on the back of any DSG-equipped VW or Audi ever before...

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Round 100! Begin! Just kidding. But how do they always turn into this? Everyone knows that driving a 6spd manual gives you more driver involvement. If you're looking for the relaxed way or just don't drive a stick well, then yeah the DSG is for you. Or if increasing your 1/4 mile time marginally in a straight line is important and you're willing to sacrifice driver involvement, then yeah it's for you. But if your more tailored to car control and driver involvement, then yeah the 6 spd manual is for you. Everyone is going to justify their reason. It's just that...their reason.
DSG=Faster straight line speed (that's why I chipped my 6 spd manual).
6spd manual=Increased Driver Control.
Although wussy-matic does sound kind of catchy. I've never heard that before. I wonder if there is an age variation across the board of who drives what. It would be interesting to see if a 6spd manual driver tends to be younger and a DSG driver tends to be older.

GTI2007

kirk180 said:
Round 100! Begin! Just kidding. But how do they always turn into this? Everyone knows that driving a 6spd manual gives you more driver involvement. If you're looking for the relaxed way or just don't drive a stick well, then yeah the DSG is for you. Or if increasing your 1/4 mile time marginally in a straight line is important and you're willing to sacrifice driver involvement, then yeah it's for you. But if your more tailored to car control and driver involvement, then yeah the 6 spd manual is for you. Everyone is going to justify their reason. It's just that...their reason.
DSG=Faster straight line speed (that's why I chipped my 6 spd manual).
6spd manual=Increased Driver Control.

Indeed, like I already said. Just a matter of personal taste!!

Fuzzbear

Fat bastard
Car(s)
07 VW GTI
RJS5689 said:
i do if you read what i said. i said i like the DSG its very impressive, just for my taste i prefer stick. i have no problem w/ the DSG. i call all autos wussy-matics.... hell when i drove a bmw w/ SMG i called that a wussy-matic and its far from it

I gotta give ya a hard time man...

I work for the company that makes the DSG.

btw do you call the veyron a pussy-matic?

:wink:

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
GTI2007 said:
The latest models of the MK4 R32 got a DSG gearbox. No idea about the presence of that DSG badge. Actually I just wrote down the info that was given on vw.oempl.us

interesting...the badge looks kinda rough though, reminds me of my crappy hyundai badge with the little pieces at the bottom of the letters...i know i wouldnt stick it on a VW or Audi. some may like though