• aral supertronic longlife III 5W-30
  • mobil1 5w-30
also I think motul 5W-30 and castrol 5W-30

who it is your opinion?

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
I've always used Mobil 1 synthetic 5w-30 on my prelude and seemed to do very nicely especially because it had semi-high mileage, so thats the only one I can reply to. Enjoy

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Being in Greece, I don't know if you can get it, but i run Redline products in all my cars. Greatoil, and I have had zero problems with it.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
mobil 1 is the gold standard...i would never use anything else in a highly complex engine like the new FSI's...when i get mine of course :thumbsup:

ünpimptheauto

Touring Car Newbie
My local independent VW/Audi shop has gone away from all Mobil 1 products in the turbocharged VW/Audi applications.

They tell me that they have seen Mobil 1 start breaking down with the high heat of the modified turbo cars. I'm not sure if it's for all turbo VW/Audis they maintain, but most of their customers are pushing some serious HP (like 500hp B5 S4s).

Thus, they have started using Castrol products now. My first oil change will be with Castrol or Royal Purple.

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Our VW dealer told me Castrol syntec is the oil VW recommends. I don't own one (yet) so I could say myself.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
I've always heard good things about Royal Purple... Don't know if it's just the aura around such an expensive oil tho...

I use Fuchs in my current MkIV GTI, and plan on using it in my MkV GTI too...

ewoo

Rally Car Newbie
kpilidis said:
I will change my oils this week and am between them
  • aral supertronic longlife III 5W-30
  • mobil1 5w-30
also I think motul 5W-30 and castrol 5W-30

who it is your opinion?

Dubtec is right, if you go with Mobil 1, you need to get the VW recommended 0W-40. It's not available everywhere but I've seen 6 quart versions at Walmart.

06gtimkv

Autocross Newbie
greddy came out with three different types of oil that are made specially for turbo charged engines you might want to check that out
www.greddy.com just scroll down to the bottom of the home page and they make three types gr-1 gr-2 gr-3 1 and 2 are for turbo engines and 3 is for n\a engines