GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Calling UK members... Need PN for RED GTI grille badge..

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
I heard you chaps get the all RED GTI letters on your GTI grill badge? If so, where can I get one online (tried ebay and nothing) or atleast a partnumber?

Fast Eddie GTI

Autocross Newbie
You're going to have to get crafty. Grab a 20th Anniversary GTI badge, remove the letters from the mount. Then remove the letters from your MKV mount, and reapply the letters.

Not too tough, but tougher than trying to find something that doesn't really exist. Also, keep an eye out for the badge- at last check they were close to $100 just for the badge:eyebulge:

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
yes they are both right, the UK GTIs also come with chrome. the red does look so much better, and the 20th AE badge also looks great on the back if you have a black magic. i wish i had bought some 20th AE badges before WVoA decided to switch the golf back to the rabbit, you could practically get those badges for free a few months ago...

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
quail...i read your story on the 'tex...i got teary eyed :frown:

good to know that dubs are now getting very safe though...

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
smp85 said:
quail...i read your story on the 'tex...i got teary eyed :frown:

good to know that dubs are now getting very safe though...

Oh you read about my Passat? :brokenheart: I miss the car a lot..... :drinking:

About the badge..... I think it does exist.. I saw a member in S-Africa that had a new Golf 5 with the badge... I'll try and dig up pics!

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
quailallstar said:
Oh you read about my Passat? :brokenheart: I miss the car a lot..... :drinking:

About the badge..... I think it does exist.. I saw a member in S-Africa that had a new Golf 5 with the badge... I'll try and dig up pics!

yes i did...i know people are going to laugh at me, but one of my favorite dubs is still the the black on black leather B5 Passat with the old GLS model alloys...lowered a little bit, my idea of the perfect daliy driver. (but then to also have a modded GTI sitting in the garage for some fun of course :thumbup: )

i have seen his profile too, that's the 20th AE badges, he has them in the front and back. they are still relatively easy to find, but much pricey since the name change back to rabbit :rolleyes:

GTI2007

quailallstar said:
Oh you read about my Passat? I miss the car a lot.....

If I understand you correct you are talking about the BM 5 door GTI from Rabbit222. I just looked at his garage and under exterior modifications it says 20th Anniversary GTI Badges. So those badges didn't come standard with his BM GTI.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
GTI2007 said:
If I understand you correct you are talking about the BM 5 door GTI from Rabbit222. I just looked at his garage and under exterior modifactions it says 20th Anniversary GTI Badges.

yes I am...those look badass on his car :headbang: it stands out a lot better than the boring chrome badges

Nikerey

Darkness
GTI2007 said:
If I understand you correct you are talking about the BM 5 door GTI from Rabbit222. I just looked at his garage and under exterior modifications it says 20th Anniversary GTI Badges. So those badges didn't come standard with his BM GTI.

So is that front badge a direct replacement or do you have to pry off the letters and apply them to the MKV mount?

GTI2007

According to the pic I've found it looks like a direct replacement. But I can be wrong. If you wanna be sure about it ask the question to Rabbit222. The pics showing the 20th Anniversary GTI Badges on a BM GTI are from him.

Last edited:

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
they are the direct 20th AE badges, i PM'ed him a while back asking him about something on his GTI, and i complimented him on the badges, and he did not say that they werent the 20th AE badges.

Fast Eddie GTI

Autocross Newbie
Well, if you want to mount up the 20th badges, you are going to have to get creative. I was checking this out awhile back.

Probably the easiest way is to debadge and reapply.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Im gonna buy a GTI red badge off ebay or something and do this mod. Get a hairdryer and slowly take off the front badge letters with dental floss