GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

new golf GT

morage_key_ring

Passed Driver's Ed
yeah i've got a 140bhp GT TDI, got a revo remap, and it's running roughly 180bhp now! feels like a new car, and it's cheaper than the 170bhp one

herrstreet

Touring Car Newbie
if they could do it for a price halfway between the 15 grand for the base model and 21 grand for the gti, it would be a tempting option for many because of the fuel economy. Have there been any reliability concerns with the motor. It's VERY tuned.

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
newtogolf said:
the 1.4tsi and the 2litre diesel seem impressive, with good economy and not too far behind the GTI.

a few of the GT cars ive seen on the street just look pretty normal to me. but now theyve given it a flash body kit. im impressed with this car.

The older GT cars weren't actually GT cars, they were Sportline in EU but rebadged to GT by VW UK who took a bet that VW weren't going to release a real Golf GT. Then they did, with the spiff bodykit, wheels, TSI, etc.
So, sorry current GT owners, but you've actually got a rebadged Sportline (still a good car though, and a rose by any other name...)

tenson

Car(s)
GOLF 170GT
Thing a GT does not have are sport suspension, sport seats, nice looking interior, nice looking grill.

In a dutch test the GT performance from 0-100 km/h was 7.3 for GT and 6.9 for GTI (MT) so performance and mileage is ok.

It just misses the completeness of the GTI.

my gt will hit 0-60 in 6 seconds next week. 240 bhp tdi with massive torque. ill have the dyno print out for all to see, going in on the 21st of this month.

Big A

Smoked dem cigarettes
am i the only one that hasn't seen the golf R on the .co.uk website? looks awesome