GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Grrr...I HATE birds.

onthevirg

Oval Champion
Well it seems like it never fails, had my car two and a half months now, and EVERYTIME I end up washing it, it seems like two days later some random bird decides to drop a giant crap on my car. So of course, after washing er Monday night, driving to work this morning and go under an underpass and SPLAT! Nice big turd. DAMN IT!! :mad:

Maybe all the other cars I've had I didn't notice/care as much, but this is really starting to get on my nerves. I saw on some TV car show that using some baking soda in warm water is a really good way to remove bird crap, anyone else have methods that they can recommend that seem to work well? Only had water and some paper towels to use when I got to work, my poor car's paint. :cry:
[/endrant]

VDUBB

Rally Car Newbie
Next time you see a bird on the ground, pull down you pants and dump a load on it. :biggrin:

Anglewood

Gear Head
Car(s)
'08 GTI BMP 6MT
I can relate,

A couple of months ago, I had just finished washing, polishing and waxing my truck and had it looking almost like new. The paint is actually still pretty good for an 18 year old truck. Well after finishing, I went to Target to pick up some stuff, and when I came out of the store, I counted no less than 17 bird droppings on the hood, windshield and roof:mad: . The thing that got me was that there were no trees or wires around, and the cars around me were spotless:iono: . It was as if an army of birds saw my nice shiny truck and decided to go to town on it. As soon as I got home I cleaned it off and re-waxed the affected areas. Fortunately there was no permenant damage, but needless to say, I was pissed.

Lates,

Connor

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
lol

i hate birds too...but for sorta a different reason

my very first car was a civic dx hatchback...it was nice...rims and all....well it was a sunday morning and i had just got done washing the car for a car show that was going on later that day

took me about 4 hours to wash the car and get everything perfect...well on the to the car show i was driving down the street about a mile away from the show when i smell this really weird smell...it was like burning with a hint of meat cooking...didnt think anything of it...figured it was one of my detailing products

well i pull into the car show...park....go meet my friends and on the way back to my car i see like 20 people around my car....i walk up and one of my friends is dying laughin

well it turns out while going down the road a bird had flew into my lower grille and got stuck and died there all mangled up...it was a bad sight....we worked for about 35 minutes in getting that bird outta my grille...ended up having to take off my bumper to get the whole thing out....it was nasty

so needless to say....when i see birds near the road i stop!

Fuzzbear

Fat bastard
Car(s)
07 VW GTI
Anglewood said:
I can relate,
It was as if an army of birds saw my nice shiny truck and decided to go to town on it.
Connor

Technically they did.... birds crap over water... and your nice shiny REFLECTIVE truck looked like a nice clear puddle of water to them.

coolme187

Touring Car Champion
i was at a local car show and during the show, i found bird crap on the top of my car and some of it on my driver side window and door. I was PISSED

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
onthevirg said:
Well it seems like it never fails, had my car two and a half months now, and EVERYTIME I end up washing it, it seems like two days later some random bird decides to drop a giant crap on my car. So of course, after washing er Monday night, driving to work this morning and go under an underpass and SPLAT! Nice big turd. DAMN IT!! :mad:

Maybe all the other cars I've had I didn't notice/care as much, but this is really starting to get on my nerves. I saw on some TV car show that using some baking soda in warm water is a really good way to remove bird crap, anyone else have methods that they can recommend that seem to work well? Only had water and some paper towels to use when I got to work, my poor car's paint. :cry:
[/endrant]

The best way to remove it is ASAP. If it sits for even a day it can start to etch and eat through your clearcoat, then your paint, then the primer.......you get the picture.

One key thing is to keep the car waxed. The more freshly waxed, the easier it will come off. After I Zaino my car I can almost blow a fresh bird terd off the finish, but as it gets closer to the next application session it gets to be a harder job. Probably, along with bug splats, one of the main reasons I tend to add a coat of Zaino every month or so to my car rather than waiting 6 months at a time.

If it is fresh it should come off with a MF and some QD spray. If it has sat and is dried. Soak it first with a wet cloth to get the big chunks off, then try to gently pluck it off the paint. Don't rub it as it will scratch your clear coat very easily and the harder you rub, the worse things will get.

ArrozConPollo

Autocross Champion
Freek said:
lol

i hate birds too...but for sorta a different reason

my very first car was a civic dx hatchback...it was nice...rims and all....well it was a sunday morning and i had just got done washing the car for a car show that was going on later that day

took me about 4 hours to wash the car and get everything perfect...well on the to the car show i was driving down the street about a mile away from the show when i smell this really weird smell...it was like burning with a hint of meat cooking...didnt think anything of it...figured it was one of my detailing products

well i pull into the car show...park....go meet my friends and on the way back to my car i see like 20 people around my car....i walk up and one of my friends is dying laughin

well it turns out while going down the road a bird had flew into my lower grille and got stuck and died there all mangled up...it was a bad sight....we worked for about 35 minutes in getting that bird outta my grille...ended up having to take off my bumper to get the whole thing out....it was nasty

so needless to say....when i see birds near the road i stop!

Freek, I can definitely relate to that one...

I was driving down the road not too long ago and hit a bird. How the hell do you just hit a bird like that? I don't know, but it was a pigeon that apparently did not see me coming. They normally fly out before I get anywhere near them!!! :eyebulge: Even though I felt really bad about killing that poor pigeon, I did laugh my ass off when I saw the feathers POOF all over the place, kinda like when Foghorn Leghorn loses his feathers. :bellyroll:

Last edited:

plac

GTI Master
omghi2kt said:
I have tree sap. That stuff is GROSS.

aw dude.. i got sapped bad yesterday in the work parking lot.

My hood was full of yellowish-clear-whitish dots. sticky as hell. Then i had dark brown sap too. On my WHITE car.. Good thing 80% of the sap was on my clear bra and not my paint. I spent an hour cleaning and re-waxing.