GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JS Performance short shifter

Nurendra

Autocross Champion
Web site: www.jsperformance.ca

I've been following a thread on the 'tex in the A3/8P forums since the beginning.
Jose in BC makes a short shift for the A3 and after experimenting with my car, definitely for the GLI. (The reason for doubt was that he ordered the oem parts for modification and one of the parts had the right p/n on them but it was for a 5 speed transmission).
I got the parts and detailed instructions with illustrations in the mail 4 days after ordering.
The install today took about 30 minutes. The throws are reduced about 50% in both the x and y axis.
The force required to shift is slightly more than stock, but still fingertip easy.
Introductory pricing was $195CAD (about $171) shipped, not sure how long he will keep that going.
NE1 near Stamford, CT on the weekend that wants to check it out let me know.
NE1 familiar with Dynamic Motorworks in Warwick,NY can also ask Scott who installed it if my analysis is accurate.
Jose was cool to work with, he's very informative and kept in touch with me to ensure the fit was okay. :clap:
It should have come like this from VW, now for :burnrubber:

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the info. How's the notchiness on it? I know B&M has a SSK out for the car, but their SSKs are known to be pretty notchy. Thx.

Nurendra

Autocross Champion
I decided on it for the following reasons:
Price.
Reviews from A3 owners and their willingness to answer my many IM's to them.
Jose's willingness to walk thru the entire install with my mechanic.
The retention of the counterweight to reduce shifting effort. I can still shift with 2-3 fingers.
Ease of installation.
OEM look (they're modified stock parts).

It is not notchy at all. I 'think' that B&M replaces the shifter and I did not want to do that. DieselGeek's kit removes the counterweight (increasing effort) and will be easily noticeable to a VW tech.