GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dazzling xenons

Gazz

Ready to race!
Can the xenon headlights be adjusted down a little from the normal setting? I keep getting flashed by people thinking I'm on high beam.
I know there is an automatic function which allows for different load conditions but the lights can't be manually adjusted in the car like the standard halogens. Can it be done by a tech at a service shop?

dennykrane

Autocross Champion
from what i read there are two steps to adjusting them. one is the actual light and the other is the auto leveler. your vw service department should be able to do that.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
actually...there is a little screw u can turn to adjust the up and down of the headlights...its covered by a little cap...all u have to do is remove the cap and take a flat head screwdriver and adjust the lamps

u should be able to find a picture of the location with the screw-adjustment....if i had my camera i would take one and show ya...but the camera is outta town right now

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
Gazz said:
Can the xenon headlights be adjusted down a little from the normal setting? I keep getting flashed by people thinking I'm on high beam.
I know there is an automatic function which allows for different load conditions but the lights can't be manually adjusted in the car like the standard halogens. Can it be done by a tech at a service shop?
happens to me all the time, and pisses me off, i do it right back lol

vw_ch

Ready to race!
hey your service department can fix in 2 minutes just tell them you are not happy with the height of your lights that you can´t see right in front of the bumper!!!!!!I did so!