GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

stupid hyundais...

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
ok guys, so i also joined a hyundai elantra forum recently (to try and figure out from other owners a problem i am having with my car right now...and only for that reason) so anyways, i am browsing through their threads (which are horribly organized...props to JJ for an awesome job with this site once again :headbang: ) and i get to a racing stories thread. these jokers are talking about how they smoked Jetta VR6's (dont know what they are smoking) but the funniest one was about a "ricer" jetta trek MkIII (which has the 2.slow ABA engine as we all know) i hate my car exponentially more now just because of the stupid owners of these korean pieces of shit (sorry for the language) anyone that can walk could beat a stock 2.0 in a drag race.

please guys, save me...i need to buy my dub asap! can we start an smp85 fund? :biggrin:

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
i have 3 more semesters left at VT, and the insurance for a GTI in jersey with full coverage would kick my ass. that's the main reason why i dont finance right now. and i got my GT for 6k last year, paid cash for it and it is dirt cheap on insurance (relatively speaking) in new jersey.

anyways, every 3 or 4 weeks i will go to start it up, and it just will crank but not turn over. i'll give it a few minutes and then will start right up. i know its not the starter or battery, and i just gave it a tune up and new belts and even a new timing belt...know it has nothing to do with the starting issue but i'm keeping up with my maintenance. so i have a strong feeling it is an ecu issue. reason being that i know if the ecu is picking up something, it will not allow the engine to turn over. i just wanted to poll some people on their forums to see if anyone else had this problem. one guy said it could be the cam position sensor, if you have any ideas too, i'd love to hear what you have to say...

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
i thought that also, but there are no restrictions in engine performance (or i should say lack of performance)...i'm home for the summer now, so im just gonna wait till it happens again and then take it to my local mechanic to hook it up to his diagnostic machines. i had electrical issues with the car when i first got it (thankfully it was still under full warranty at the time), so i would not be suprised at all if it was an ECU issue :thumbdown:

Wantagti

insufficient funds
I drove a Jetta VR6 that my Elantra GT would have run door to door if not quicker than. There must be some variance on those as I was left very unimpressed. After driving the MKV, I'm glad my wife never let me get any previous VW.

Fusionfire

Passed Driver's Ed
my 240SX had the same problem at first it will turn over fine then the next time i started my car it would not turn over as in i kept hearing a clicking noise but no turn over so i changed out the starter whiched worked for a few days then the problem prosisted a gain but this time it would turn but not turn over, so i changed the fuel filter and that sovlved that problem.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
^ i can still rule out the starter, because there is no clicking, just normal sounding cranking. but as i said the car was running strong a few days ago, i am now starting to feel like the engine is getting a bit sluggish, so i believe it could be a fuel issue as well.