GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LSD??

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
It uses an "ESP" system for traction control rather than an LSD...

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Yea, you can still melt some rubber, but I guess its supposed to give you a lot more traction off the line, but a lot better traction for the snow (area permitting) and rain and nasty stuff like that. I dont understand it entirely, cus when the dealer told me, I gave him the confused eye brow right back haha

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
lol as long as we can rip some rubber, im all for it ahhh it smells so good.

jetbluemig

Passed Driver's Ed
From my test drives, I was delighted by how liberal the traction control is when it comes to wheel spin off the line. The traction control in the MkV is very unintrusive, but responds well when needed. And the sales people obviously have full faith in it too...the one I took my test drive with encouraged me to take a 90 degree turn at damn near 60. I love cars that make me look like I'm much more skilled than I really am.

My goodness people. You don't want to feel the ESP kick in. I'd rather burn out than ESP kick in. I can burn out in mine quite easily. there is one spot in my town that it's always a place to burn out, even with no water. I've had it kick in a few times just shifting from 1st to 2nd. I have more control with my car without ESP than I do with. In that area it's heavy traffic both ways and you're stopped. You shoot out when you can, and if that ESP kicks in, you're dead beacuse the ESP totally slows you down, and is knocking you back and forth while you are still shifting. IMO I have had better wheel response without it.